The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New To The Esterbrook World

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Skinner

Charles Skinner

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 14:06

I am somewhat new to the Esterbrook hobby world, even if I have had one for along time and use it often. Until now, I have never had an interest in all of the different nibs that, as I understand it, are available for this pen. The nib on the one I have has the number 2668, and it is a great writer. At this time, I am thinking about buying a couple more Esterbrooks and also learning more that the nibs that are available and where to buy them.Information please.  C. S. 

Sponsored Content

#2 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 15:14

Pull up a stool and set a spell....this may take a while...  :D

There are really cool Esterbrook pens from just about every decade, and the majority of them all take the re-new nibs.

So, for pens....

Dollar Pens from the '30s (my favorites, and very simple with an art deco look to them)

J series pens  from the '40s into the '50s(sizes to fit anyone - J is full-size, LJ is long and slender, SJ is short and slender - these are probably the most popular)

Deluxe and M2 pens from the '50s (my second favorite pen is the Deluxe LK with a metal cap, which I find better balanced.  The M2 is a squeeze fill pen that has a similarity in feel to the Parker 51 aero)

Nibs are all over - here's a link to give you a rundown on all those, and Anderson Pens also sells them.

http://www.esterbrook.net/nibs.shtml

#3 Tom Heath

Tom Heath

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 21:14

You made a  good decision returning to the Esterbrook Pens   there is much ahead for you..  Many Styles , models and colors not to mention  so  many nib choices  

You could be busy for quite some time

After 25 years  I still love  my  Esties.

Do Stay active with this  Forum

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you .   Hug your loved ones today

Sponsored Content

|