The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Matching For Fake Game Of Thrones Pens?

ink matching game of thrones

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheYellowHobbit

TheYellowHobbit

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 20:57

I found these 4 Jinhao 250s on Amazon, which I bought, and they arrived today. I'm 90% sure they are supposed to be knockoffs of the Motegrappa Game of Thrones pens:

https://smile.amazon...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Game of Thrones pens for reference:

https://www.stilogra...hrones pens.jpg

Right now they're unfilled. But I'm wondering if there would be good thematic ink matches for the 4 houses (Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, and Targaryen). I was thinking Oxblood for fake-Targaryen, maybe Fuyu-Syogun for fake-Stark, but I'm not sure about the others; obviously something gold for fake-Lannister (maybe Ancient Copper?), but then what about fake-Baratheon?

(I do want to get the real GoT pens someday, or at least the Stark one. Does anyone have them?)

Sponsored Content

#2 Morphling27

Morphling27

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:56

Copper for a Lannister?  As if!  Use one of the J. Herbin or Diamine inks with gold flecks - would be much more appropriate to the house with all the alleged gold.

For Baratheon?  A green being they are a forest creature?  But, the flag is yellow, so... I don't know of any yellow inks I'd care about.  I own maybe 2 green inks and no yellow.  De Atramentis Mahatma Gandhi seems to be a close match.

#3 TennesseeTrash

TennesseeTrash

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:45

Robert Oster Fire & Ice for the Targaryens. Blue for their eyes and fire for their dragons.

Diamine Oxblood seems like it would fit the Baratheons or Starks

#4 arrScott

arrScott

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2017 - 13:01

You could declare the all-black one to be Night's Watch and use it with Polar Black.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink matching, game of thrones

Sponsored Content

|