Raleigh Pen Show 2017

CoolPensAreCool

Don't know if this is where I would post something like this but is anyone planning on going to the Raleigh Pen show in June?

I would love to meet some of my new friends! :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoolPensAreCool

• TheGreatRoe

• PenKapper

• Parker51

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who lives in Durham...

the Triangle Pen Show. ;)

And, yes, I will be attending. though I've not yet decided how much I'll be there. I'm saving right now, so there will be no pen purchases, though I might allow myself an ink or two.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

As someone who lives in Durham...

the Triangle Pen Show. ;)

And, yes, I will be attending. though I've not yet decided how much I'll be there. I'm saving right now, so there will be no pen purchases, though I might allow myself an ink or two.

lol I'm not an NC native so sorry

I'm pretty psyched about it, though. Crazy Eddy's is awesome but he doesn't have much variety.

Edited by CoolPensAreCool

Are you talking about Crazy Alan's in Chapel Hill? Yes, it's limited, and the proprietor is...how shall I put this...pushy? I go there occasionally but generally only for Rhodia pads.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

Are you talking about Crazy Alan's in Chapel Hill? Yes, it's limited, and the proprietor is...how shall I put this...pushy? I go there occasionally but generally only for Rhodia pads.

Yeah. I got a Lamy 2000 and Lamy All-Star from there but I went late and he was gone. They had a decent selection of inks but they usually only had one nib size in each pen.

I went last year and would like to go again. Should we meet?

We should do a FPN meetup!

We should do a FPN meetup!

The Triangle Pen group meets in Raleigh once a month, but the drive is too much for me for such a short stay.

What you say is a matter of perspective. I do not find Alan pushy at all, but I am a Northerner and actually find most New Yorkers rather pleasant and helpful.

What you say is a matter of perspective. I do not find Alan pushy at all, but I am a Northerner and actually find most New Yorkers rather pleasant and helpful.

Your comment seems odd as nothing in my post suggested it was anything other than my opinion. If you find Alan helpful then good for you.

:lticaptd:

I had an interesting chat with "Crazy Alan" last year at the Triangle Show about the Dark Lilac Safaris, and the matching ink.... I didn't think he was pushy either. But then, I'm an ex-New Yorker myself -- spent nearly half my life living with a 50-mile radius of the Big Apple, including college. So I'm probably seen as pushy, especially in the Deep South (I could never move someplace like Mississippi, because I'd be going completely bonkers and probably wanting to buy an UZI to mow down the slowpokes meandering around stores :rolleyes:).

Haven't made reservations (I will probably just pay at the door, because I haven't decided yet if I'm buying a weekend pass or just paying the day rate for Friday and Saturday; it depends partly on whether there's anything I want in the auction this year, and also what time I get down there). But my hotel room is booked. And maybe -- unlike last year -- there won't be storms all weekend and I can go swimming (I double checked yesterday to see if the place I'm staying has a pool).

I always love meeting people and putting faces to names (there's one person who's supposedly gonna have a table that I particular want to track down, and will be inking up a specific pen for the occasion -- just so I can say "Why yes, I DO in fact have a Snorkel with a Palladium Silver Triumph nib that's a semi-flexible stub. Uh, no... it ISN'T for sale...." [Ain't I a stinker? B)]

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

We plan to be there, set up doing repairs as usual. This will be Raleigh show #12 I think.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Where do they meet?

Usually the Chapel Hill Library, the club is Triangle Pen Club. I found them on meetup.com.