The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Is This A 75 Insignia?

75 parker 75 identification

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 antichresis

antichresis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 13:05

Photo:

Attached Images

• 17952523_233581420454939_4382785946669485988_n.jpg

Edited by antichresis, 24 April 2017 - 09:13.

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Sponsored Content

#2 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:59

Yes, it is a 75 Insignia pen.
Khan M. Ilyas

#3 antichresis

antichresis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:19

Thanks, mitto!

For people who stumble upon this post in the future my rudimentary research leads me to this summary of crosshatch Parker "75"s:

1. Cisele: the cap band will say "Sterling Silver". Grooves are well-defined, deep, and black
  2. Cisele G.F.: the cap band will say "Sterling Silver" and "G.F." which means the tassels and the clip are gold-filled (actual gold) and not painted with gold paint
  3. Cisele Vermeil:  the cap band will say "Sterling Silver" and "Vermeil" meaning the entire cap and barrel is gold-filled
  4. Insignia: grooves are shallower and thinner. This is a gold-filled cap and barrel over brass. A photo of the cap band is supplied below

17990889_233914593754955_226845043678252733_n.jpg

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

#4 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:52

Yes, but the insignia-II was a little different. The groves were deeper and it was not gold filled. Only gold plated. There was, however, no mention of either GF or GP on the Insigia-II.

The Sterling Vermeil also came in two versions. The earlier ones were marked as Gold Filled or GF while the later are marked only as Vermeil without the GF mention.

The trim on all Sterling Silver Ciselé pens are gold filled. But I have not seen the Sterling Ciselé marked as GF when the whole body of the pen is not gold filled ie if the pen is not a Vermeil.

Regards.

Edited to add:

The content at #2 of your post does not seem to be correct. Ciselé GF is, in fact, the earlier version of Ciselé Vermeil.

Edited by mitto, 24 April 2017 - 20:14.

Khan M. Ilyas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 75, parker 75, identification

Sponsored Content

|