Yellow Pens

FarmBoy

Pen club today. Would you buy this lot of yellow pens?

fpn_1492920132__yellowpens.jpg

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• DanDeM

• ParkerDuofold

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being a 'noobie' and gold nib snob, didn't buy a cheap steel nibbed Pelikan 200 in yellow when I bought my 605 on sale at Galleria Kaufhaus :headsmack: .....and yellow is rare as I found out. I still don't have one.

Having a 90-96 Tortoise 400 didn't think I needed a 'cheap' 200.

I have come to admire the 200, especially in the last two or three years, it has a nib that is = to the semi-vintage no ring M400.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

That is a lot of yellow pens.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

WOW

IF I could afford it, YES.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Though I'm partial to yellow, I wouldn't buy that lot because I'm not into vintage, but they are a nice shade of yellow.

What I'd love is a Pelikan M800 in a translucent yellow similar to the vibrant blue model. Pelikan, please, take my $$$.

Don't have a yellow. Maybe someday.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Seems FB has already bought that yellow costumed troupe.

OK I admit it. I own them or at least most of them. But did I over pay?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I like yellow pens, although I only have one, a humble Prera. But I'd say I would have to have a huge pen collection to want to add that many in one color. Would love a yellow Pro Gear, though.

Pen club today. Would you buy this lot of yellow pens?

fpn_1492920132__yellowpens.jpg

I'd buy them if I could afford them, but I seriously doubt that I could afford them.

I have a yellow Jinhao 159 in yellow :yikes: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

OK I admit it. I own them or at least most of them.

...But did I over pay?

Hello FB,

I don't know; you haven't disclosed what you paid that I can see... unless I'm missing something. :huh:

However, whether you overpaid or not is a relative question... if you bought them to restore and re-sell, than you might have... if you bought them because they bring joy to your heart, then you didn't.

- Anthony

Hello FB,

I don't know; you haven't disclosed what you paid that I can see... unless I'm missing something. :huh:

However, whether you overpaid or not is a relative question... if you bought them to restore and re-sell, than you might have... if you bought them because they bring joy to your heart, then you didn't.

- Anthony

You do have a valid point, I have not disclosed the selling price. Perhaps we should delve into the pile and see why someone would even give them second glance. What Plantains lurk among the common Bananas?

You do have a valid point, I have not disclosed the selling price. Perhaps we should delve into the pile and see why someone would even give them second glance. What Plantains lurk among the common Bananas?

Aahhh... I see where you're going with this now. ;)

Unfortunately, my knowledge of vintage pens is not sufficient enough to tell the difference between a plantain and a banana. :D

But I'll be interested in seeing how this plays out.

- Anthony

I think I recognize a Duofold in there. That is a beautiful collection around a theme. I once thought about collecting yellow pens, but, beyond Kullock there were few offerings I could find. I also rolled a chair over a Kullock 51 yellow pen's cap.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I just have this common banana, it would be nice to know about the rest.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/clint_039/Plumas%20y%20relojes/Imagen002-2.jpg

I am a "nib" gal... doesn't matter how pretty is the pen.. I am interested on the nibs. I do like yellow, but they would have to have AWESOME nibs for me to consider. ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I have all the yellow pen I need :D

post-122632-0-79354200-1493063097_thumb.jpg

the cat half awake

and half sleeping on the book

"Quantum Mechanics"

(inspired by a German haiku by Tony Böhle)