The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Early Parker Dilemma

parker eye dropper

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fullfederhalter

fullfederhalter

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:36

I set out nearly every weekend to visit flea markets, tag sales, and antiques shops in search of vintage pens to add to my collection. Most of the time I have little to show for my efforts.  Competition is keen with dealers and other collectors vying for the same increasingly difficult to find vintage pens.  But occasionally I get lucky, and last weekend was one of those times.  I found a beautiful #16 Parker eye dropper fountain pen with a gold filigree overlay.  The black hard rubber shows almost no signs of oxidation, and the filigree has no brassing.  So, what's my dilemma you ask?  The pen is missing the section, nib and feed. 

I would love to be able to find the missing parts and make it usable again.  Internet searches have provided little to help me identify the proper parts.  The few I have seen listed for sale seem to have a #3 Parker nib, although there seems to be several different imprints from around the time when the pen was made.  A couple of listings show a Christmas tree feed with the Lucky Curve, but another shows a straight flat feed.  And, of course, there is the problem of finding these parts at all, especially at an affordable price.

Obviously, the best scenario for me would be to find an intact section, feed and nib.  Does anyone know if there are other Parker models of the period which would have the same section, etc. that I could look for?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sponsored Content

#2 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 14:31

Wish you the best of luck.
Khan M. Ilyas

#3 benbot517

benbot517

A Dapper Chap

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 23:12

Last I checked five star pens had some old lucky curve nibs. They even had some feeds, but I don't know if they would fit. I'd imagine the flat feed you saw was probably the result of the pen being repaired, as it seems like the lucky curves used the Christmas tree feeds. As far as a section goes, that's probably harder.

"Oh deer."

#4 South

South

Where's my ink.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:58

Lett the hunt begin  :)

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

#5 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• 10,186 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 14:11

The section will be the hard part to find
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#6 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 11,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 16:44

The section will be the hard part to find

That is why I wished him the best of luck. Hope he finds one.
Khan M. Ilyas

#7 Bagpiper

Bagpiper

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:04

Would consider selling the #16?

#8 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• 10,186 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:06

Interesting how pen finds tend to come in clusters.  I know of a RHR gold overlay Parker 16 that was found last weekend.  Also has a section problem.  If you think a black section is hard to find, look for a red one...

San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, eye dropper

Sponsored Content

|