The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Creating A Custom Demonstrator Barrel To Fit An Aurora Talentum Nib & Section Unit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TradArch

TradArch

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 14:40

Good day folks:

I love my Aurora pens, but frequently find myself running out of ink on days that I am doing a lot of drawing and notes (I'm a practicing architect and instructor of architecture).  I tend to prefer the Talentum pens I own to the 88, more for the feel of the nibs (don't know why, they are just ever so slightly different).

I also love my demonstrator pens; It occurred to me that perhaps one of you talented people would be able to make a custom barrel that could fit either an Aurora Talentum nib, or better yet, a whole nib & section unit, to allow me to swap in the various nibs & sections I own more quickly and easily. (although at least the Aurora nibs do unscrew from the sections).

Now, I'm relatively ignorant of the details of making, other than it is way beyond my skill set.  I'm also aware that there may be design issues so that the barrel would not impinge on any copyrights.  

I would actually be more interested in customizing the barrel shape anyway, to be somewhat more comfortable for my hands.

If this is something that would be feasible, would someone be willing to contact me?  I'd prefer CONUS, just for shipping and timing.

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Content

#2 billy1380

billy1380

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:53

I am not sure if this is something you might want to look into... but I have an aurora 88 that I could not get in to a working state so I kept trying its nib in different collars. To my surprise it fits perfectly in the bock #6 collar (with the bock feed). So if you find anyone who can make a pen you like that accepts a bock collar... that might work.

Sponsored Content

|