The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Noodler's Pocket Clip Finish Issue

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 btb01

btb01

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:33

I received a Noodler's Konrad about a week ago.  I love the pen, but I noticed today that some of the finish/plating on the clip had come off.  It likely came this way, as the pen hasn't been anywhere but on top of my desk since I got it (haven't carried it anywhere, hasn't been in a bag or pocket, hasn't been dropped, etc.).  Has anyone else experienced this?  Can you get a replacement clip for a Noodler's pen?

IMG_1169.jpg

At the price point of these pens, it's not the end of the world, and doesn't affect the function of the pen, but it's still a little annoying.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:35

Peel it all off. It will probably look better

SnailBadge.pngfpn_1327044342__postcard_pic_exchange.jp

#3 Wolverine1

Wolverine1

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 16:37

It is a cheap Noodlers pen, for heavens sake!!!!! Quit bellyaching over such a pen!!!!! :(

#4 btb01

btb01

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 17:35

It is a cheap Noodlers pen, for heavens sake!!!!! Quit bellyaching over such a pen!!!!! :(

Thanks for your helpful input.

#5 Neverposter

Neverposter

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 17:49

I don't think Wolverine had to be so harsh, but I have to say I agree. This isn't something worth losing sleep over, Unfortunately the human mind often latches onto things, so it might take some time for you to move on from this, but believe me, you will.

Stay unposted, friends.

#6 btb01

btb01

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 18:14

Let me clarify.  I'm not losing sleep over a fountain pen pocket clip.  It isn't weighing on my mind all day.  I happened to notice it, snapped a pic and figured I'd ask if anyone else had seen the same thing.  It hasn't stopped me from using or enjoying the pen (I do enjoy it, quite a lot actually).  I understand that it's a relatively inexpensive pen, but I don't think that bars it from discussion here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go start a thread about how I don't like the way this pen smells. 

(That's a joke.  I'm not going to do that.  I can just comment in one of the dozens of other Noodler's-pen-odor threads.)  ;)

#7 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,136 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 19:48

I'm with wolverine 1, btb. It's nice that you've got something that you can actually write with (and this is more than I've ever got out of Noodlers), but expecting the cosmetics to work as well is asking for the moon on a stick.

Edited by dogpoet, 21 April 2017 - 19:49.

#8 btb01

btb01

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 22:20

Thankfully, Noodler's response wasn't, "You bought a cheap pen, get over it."  I contacted them through their website asking if it would be possible to get a replacement clip, and they're sending one free of charge.  Obviously not everyone thinks highly of their product, but their customer service gets an A+ in my book. 

#9 Neverposter

Neverposter

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:27

I think Noodler's pens are neat, especially their nibs. If only they didn't smell :/

Stay unposted, friends.

#10 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,904 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:58

Oddly enough, I've grown to love that smell. 

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

#11 btb01

btb01

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 14:31

I can't decide if the smell has started to dissipate, or if I've just gotten used to it.

#12 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,136 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 17:58

Maybe them replacing the clip for you has made the pen smell a bit more fragrant?

Sponsored Content

|