Pelikan Hub 2017

Fuzzy_Bear

I did the same. As much as I enjoyed the LA Hub last year I don't think I'm up for 4 hours driving in traffic again.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• Fuzzy_Bear

• Wandering Man

• inkstainedruth

And that's why an LA event doesn't thrill me and last year I was away on a biz trip on the day of the meeting anyway. Nice to have another from OC here... I'm in mission viejo.

Registered for Dallas.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Registered for Pittsburgh!

The first year, I had the small gold Pelikan pen holder there to preside over things. Last year it was joined by the (admittedly goofy) mini Lucky Cat with a battery powered moving arm. This year, I will add in the small white Pelikan pen holder I got at Fountain Pen Hospital last Christmastime. B)

And yeah, of course the pens.... ;)

They had pretty impressive swag last year. Wonder what they'll have this year.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I just put in a request for a hub in Belmont, CA (mid-SanFrancisco peninsula, just south of San Mateo).

I would be hub-master.

Now to see if Pelikan approves it.

I really do NOT want to go into SF on a Friday night. Traffic and parking is horrible.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

My wife and I registered for New Orleans.

...So much ink, so little penmanship....

Got our local club to sign up and were approved as a potential hub this morning. I hope that we get chosen, we hardly have anything cool come to Hawaii :)

Edited by squishyink

Got our local club to sign up and were approved as a potential hub this morning. I hope that we get chosen, we hardly have anything cool come to Hawaii :)

I see HNL has 10 people registered to attend, so you should be good.

On your side is, there isn't any other hub for 2,400 miles.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I put a request in for Oakland/Alameda for those who don't want to brave the traffic to SF or the Peninsula. Let's see if we cant get a couple of hubs in the Bay Area!

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• 2 weeks later...

I just put in a request for a hub in Belmont, CA (mid-SanFrancisco peninsula, just south of San Mateo).

I would be hub-master.

Now to see if Pelikan approves it.

I really do NOT want to go into SF on a Friday night. Traffic and parking is horrible.

And I put in for "San Francisco Bay Area" (again) for Millbrae (mid peninsula at the BART / CalTrain station) and volunteered to be hubmaster. I, too, don't want to go into SF on a Friday evening. Be it Millbrae or Belmont... fine by me.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

• 3 months later...

I'm getting worried. The Hub is next week, and I haven't heard anything other than that I am registered.

Does anyone know who is in charge of the Austin, Texas Hub?

Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

I'm the organizer for the Salt Lake City UT hub and have thus far only sent one email to the other participants. I'm having a hard time nailing down a location that takes reservations but isn't expensive.

Thanks Mulrich.

There are three of us who live about two hours away from Austin. We're just a little worried that living outside of Austin may hav got us off the list for some reason.

I've emailed my hubmistress to see if she might be able to get a hold of Pelikan or tell you how to get a hold of them.

Peace and Understanding

Thanks Fuzzy_bear. There is an email address on the pelikan hub site for questions, and I sent out an email this afternoon. But, I wasn't sure if that would get my concern sent to the right place.

I'm getting worried. The Hub is next week, and I haven't heard anything other than that I am registered.

Does anyone know who is in charge of the Austin, Texas Hub?

I signed up for the Austin hub as well, have heard nothing so I emailed pelikan. Will let you know if I hear anything.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hello fellow concerned Austin people! I came here hoping to see some info about the Austin group as well - I've received nothing and know of one other person that hasn't heard a thing. So, at least we're not alone in being a bit in the dark.