My New Red Striped M800 Arrived Today!

MHBru

After consulting with this fantastic group I learned of Regina Martini in Germany who happened to have a new red striped M800 in stock at a reasonable price and I ordered it. The pen is as delicious as my older M800 but this post isn't about the pen.

1) Thank you to this group for validating my love of the M800s... apparently I am not alone. Also, thank you to this group for turning me on the Martiniauctions. I would never have known she existed without you.

2) I want to give a serious shout out in behalf of Regina Martini. I don't know if she monitors this board or not but I can fully recommend her. She answers emails quickly, ordering was simple and the pen arrived on Wednesday after being ordered on Monday morning. The pen itself is pristine and new with original Pelikan documents and in original new Pelikan packaging.

Cant wait to get it inked up! :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MHBru

• jkingrph

• BillH

• lbendezu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is it the kids say? Oh yeah. "Pictures or it didn't happen?" B) Congrats.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

What is it the kids say? Oh yeah. "Pictures or it didn't happen?" B) Congrats.

you make an excellent point... thankspost-135501-0-30885400-1492633141_thumb.jpg

I like the black cap finial on this one. I remember when I found mine and was so happy I could have hugged the owner of the store (I'm glad I didn't).

What nib did you get? Enjoy! 👍

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Got a Steel HS and a black M805 from her a couple years back, was a good experience.

-k

I like the black cap finial on this one. I remember when I found mine and was so happy I could have hugged the owner of the store (I'm glad I didn't).

What nib did you get? Enjoy!

i got a fine and because the medium just flows too heavy for me... at least it did when i got my original M800 20 years ago and have used a fine ever since. Thanks... I am glad I found this.. timing is everything :)

Got a Steel HS and a black M805 from her a couple years back, was a good experience.

-k

i am pretty impressed with her and others have said the same. I got lucky that she happened to have the pen i wanted.

Edited by MHBru

Beautiful. Well played. Thanks for the picture.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

you make an excellent point... thanksattachicon.gifRed M800.jpg

Gorgeous. One of my favorite Pelikans. Enjoy !!

Retired, twice. Time to do more things, writing being one.

Regina is great and that pen is awesome. Congrats and enjoy!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Congratulation on your acquisition of the dream pen. Enjoy the pen in the best of health.

This thread revived my interest in the red striped pens, so I pulled out my M800, loaded it with some Diamine Syrah ink and took it to work yesterday. This one was actually my first M800 about six years ago.

Regards

Jeff

This thread revived my interest in the red striped pens, so I pulled out my M800, loaded it with some Diamine Syrah ink and took it to work yesterday. This one was actually my first M800 about six years ago.

Ooh... nice combination... I haven't used that ink before but it looks like a good match for than pen! Not sure I could pull off that color for work though. I mostly use my pens for customer correspondence.

Ooh... nice combination... I haven't used that ink before but it looks like a good match for than pen! Not sure I could pull off that color for work though. I mostly use my pens for customer correspondence.

I understand, I am doing relief work in a retail pharmacy, so basically writing down phoned in prescriptions and signing as filled speciality prescription forms for controlled substances, so my writings do not leave the location. I can get by using any color I choose, so vary it up quite a bit

Regards

Jeff

I'm glad you didn't have to pay $1999.00 for it! :thumbup:

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• 2 months later...

you make an excellent point... thanksattachicon.gifRed M800.jpg

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

• 1 month later...

Does the Diamine Syrah stain your pen? Always worried about red inks like that.