Another Good Week : 51S...

mitto

Last week again was good. Nay, productive. These came in. Too many blacks. The cedar blue vac is UK made with a US made blue diamond cap.

A pair of P45s Custom with 14k unusual (R and D) nibs also accompanied the 51s. Those are still in the soaking and cleaning phase.

Khan M. Ilyas

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• PaulS

• pajaro

Top Posters In This Topic

well, for someone who doesn't inhabit ebay, you are very successful - congratulations. I had a good day yesterday, and my only 51 (aerometric) also came in black. What is it about black - in the past black wasn't fashionable - so I think it must be the combination of gold or lustraloy, together with black, that has that certain aesthetic something. Seen by the kind of person who might spend that sort of money on a 51 as being 'cultured/up-market/sophisticated'.

Hope you won't buy them all - do leave us a few please :P

Edited by PaulS

well, for someone who doesn't inhabit ebay, you are very successful - congratulations. I had a good day yesterday, and my only 51 (aerometric) also came in black. What is it about black - in the past black wasn't fashionable - so I think it must be the combination of gold or lustraloy, together with black, that has that certain aesthetic something. Seen by the kind of person who might spend that sort of money on a 51 as being 'cultured/up-market/sophisticated'.

Hope you won't buy them all - do leave us a few please :P

Left a lot lot for you. You know I am a bit choosy:)

So dont buy all that are on offer. You are welcome to pick the ones that I didnt. And thank you, Paul.

And to be honest, I do like the black ones especially when they come with clean gold caps.

Khan M. Ilyas

I did see a lot of 51s yesterday - I sorted through them all, just to make sure there weren't any vacs., and there weren't - only aerometrics, so bought just one.

I had a good day overall, and bought a variety of makes but as for Parker's, in addition to the 51 I also bought ............ two 180s (not the similar looking 'Classic'), an early 1930s Canadian Duofold in black and pearl which as usual for this colour was badly discoloured on the barrel - plus the pen you see in the attached picture.

According to Mr. Lambrou, 18 ct. g.f. 75s in Rainbow are "extremely rare" - but I don't know if that's true or not - certainly the surface looks delicate - get the impression is could be very prone to showing marks. Sadly this example has a neat engraving of a previous owner's name - it was extraordinarily inexpensive.

Nice 75. I particularly like the different colors of gold. Yellow gold, white gold and rose gold. Same as my wedding ring.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

That is a beautiful P75. I have around 40 P75 FPs as well FP+BP sets. Yet, couldn't find the Ranbow finish until now.

Khan M. Ilyas