The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Esterbrook 1937 Pens

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 00:44

You are getting close. Ms Esterbrook LIKED the box.
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 25-26-27, 2017 AND August 24-25-26, 2018 Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Sponsored Content

#22 AL01

AL01

Eh?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:38

Doi... I still think the older boxes are better. 

"   H M M M . . .  I  l i k e s   i t !    "

#23 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:56

The pen, with the indented section, looks like a kit pen.  I can't imagine using one of those.  It looks like a travesty of a resurrection of a brand.   I waver on whether I will use my Esterbrooks or just keep them as collectibles.  The new ones I wouldn't let on the property.  I did like that Brian and Lisa said it didn't dry out in a week.  That would tend to put it ahead of most of the recently made pens I have used.  However, clumsy posting, section narrower than the barrel, bah, humbug, and the price.  Actually I wouldn't pay that much for any of the pens in the comparison.  I am ashamed to admit I let the Prera on the property, but it was cheap.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#24 AL01

AL01

Eh?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 20:37

I wholeheartedly agree.

"   H M M M . . .  I  l i k e s   i t !    "

#25 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,076 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 23:13

If you want to see what I think is an excellent example of "reviving an old, respected fountain pen brand", check this out.

https://wahlevershar...ction.php?id=43

I agree, they have done an amazing job. I think the new ones are prettier than the antiques.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice. - A.Davis

Sponsored Content

|