The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help Me To Identify This Pen !

chinese pens from 80s .

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 18:25

I need help to identify, the pen from my schooI years, i found pictures of him but I could not find information about the company that produced the pen or model number.
However i have a vague suspicion that this pen was produced by Golden Star .

Attached Images

• 0a1ccc00a5b36dc60d2c0ca2e703fef8-3809154-700_700.jpg
  • 671d899b1bd765e4b0e31b0f6ef72370-3809154-700_700.jpg
  • feda318138922d81fd6079f0aa644893-3809154-700_700.jpg

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius, 17 April 2017 - 18:27.

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Sponsored Content

#2 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 21:00

OK, if I am not mistaken, this look like a Gold Star 703 Year of the Horse ( Chinese Zodiac ) version. In fact I am pretty sure it is one. Kind of hard to miss that inlaid hood spearpoint, and the off white/gray color. The barrel should be Aluminium painted, and so is the cap. This should be an export model or one that had the section changed post retail. Cause the retail home market version had a section without the inlaid ornament 

Edited by Mech-for-i, 17 April 2017 - 21:01.

#3 Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:57

OK, if I am not mistaken, this look like a Gold Star 703 Year of the Horse ( Chinese Zodiac ) version. In fact I am pretty sure it is one. Kind of hard to miss that inlaid hood spearpoint, and the off white/gray color. The barrel should be Aluminium painted, and so is the cap. This should be an export model or one that had the section changed post retail. Cause the retail home market version had a section without the inlaid ornament 

I had one it was the same pen, the only difference on him, was the decoration on the cap , my pen had a chinese temple on him , my cousin's pen was, just like the one in pictures . I assumed that it was the same version because, both pens were brought by the same person, directly from china  and supposedly they had 14 K gold nib's on them. At least that's what my parents told me back then .

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius, 18 April 2017 - 05:29.

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

#4 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:39

Either your parent was trying to been nice or they might mistaken the stock. The 703 was never delivered with any gold nib. Sorry to inform this upon you, They do have gold plated nib though. The gold nibbed version of the model in this family range is that of the Gold Star 705 and its only delivered in the usual dark green, black, and wine red. That stated, its not uncommon in China for retailer to also retail replacement nib including gold nib and its also not unusual for user to take their stock steel nib off the pen and replace with a gold one or one with a different grind ( usually replacing the standard fine with an EF ). So your parent might yet be right still.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chinese pens, from 80s .

Sponsored Content

|