Louis Vuitton Rouge Libertin

visvamitra

I guess I don't have to intruduce LV brand to you. Some time ago they started selling stationery products and offered some inks. A bottle of ink costs 52 $. Wow. The inks are sold is nicely looking glass bottles. The picture below was printscreened from Louis Vuitton website.

fpn_1492324354__rl.jpg

Mmg112 sent me a lor of ink samples and Rouge Libertin was among them. Let's take a closer look at it.

fpn_1492323779__rougelibertin_vuitton_is

The color looks nice. I would say it's in a way similar to Sailor's Oku-Yama but it lacks saturation and lubrication to concur with Sailor's ink.

On the other hand it's fairly well behaved ink that looks nice on most papers. The color is reasonably saturated and it doesn't jump off the page. It's quite elegant, actually. The flow is good but not excellent. I haven't experienced any feathering but some bleedthrough will appear on bad quality paper like Moleskine. It's not water resistant ink.

I like the color but, quite frankly, just get a bottle of Sailor Oku-Yama and you'll still have almost 40 $ for other things :)

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1492324497__rougelibertin_vuitton_rk

Software ID

fpn_1492324527__rougelibertin_vuitton_l_

Color range

fpn_1492324779__rougelibertin_vuitton_l_

Rhodia, Lamy Al-Sport, medium nib

fpn_1492324817__rougelibertin_vuitton_rh

fpn_1492324837__rougelibertin_vuitton_rh

Moleskine, Lamy Al-Sport, medium nib

fpn_1492324904__rougelibertin_vuitton_mo

fpn_1492324918__rougelibertin_vuitton_mo

Moleskine, Hero 5028, stub 1.5

fpn_1492324974__rougelibertin_vuitton_mo

fpn_1492325001__rougelibertin_vuitton_mo

Moleskine, Hero 5028, stub 1.5

fpn_1492325027__rougelibertin_vuitton_l_

fpn_1492325046__rougelibertin_vuitton_l_

fpn_1492325081__rougelibertin_vuitton_l_

Tsubame, Hero 5028, stub 1.5

fpn_1492325132__rougelibertin_vuitton_ts

fpn_1492325156__rougelibertin_vuitton_ts

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpagan

• jmccarty3

• Chrissy

• mmg122

Thank you for the review. :) I love this ink and pleased that I managed to get some. I'm sad to see that it has been deleted from the LV range. :(

I find it quite saturated, with beautiful shading, and mine is less pink than both Sailor Jentle Oku yama and Grenade. My sample is dark red. :wub:

I have been using Rouge Libertin for a while: my favorite red.

I find the scanned images do not render the exact colour , which is: Dark red with a glimpse of purple, and not pinkish as shown in your review, Visvamitra. Very odd.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Nice colour. Has a sort of velvety effect. Price is high, but IMO at the upper edge of "okay". Costs me 36 Euros including tax and shipping; no customs duty.

Hieronymus OTOH is out of question -- meant in an entirely negative sense. One 50-ml bottle (same volume as Vuitton's) is asking for 40.50 plus tax (19%) plus shipping (20.00) plus customs (another 19%).

Belch

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Costs me 35€, all taxes included, bought directly at the shop.

Hieronymous priices are crazy, for inks that IMHO are quite banal, and already seen. They are not very complex inks.

I agree with Lapis, Rouge Libertin is more than okay.

Oupps, sorry Visvamitra, I forgot to thank you for this review, anyhow. Thank you :) .

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Thank you Visvamistra! Interesting review as always. Though I have a bottle of the darker Kobe n°27, I think this may be interesting to try so time.

Also, thank you FountainPagan, as I also remember this ink being darker and more on the purple side.

<font face= "Cursive"; font color="#8B00FF" ; font size= 3; font face="Arial"> In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora .</font><font face= "Cursive"; font color="#CC06FF" ; font size=3; font face="Arial"> I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.</font>

I have been using Rouge Libertin for a while: my favorite red.

I find the scanned images do not render the exact colour , which is: Dark red with a glimpse of purple, and not pinkish as shown in your review, Visvamitra. Very odd.

Yes I agree. Mine is also dark red with a glimpse of purple. :)

Hmm, I checked it in daily light and it seems there's indeed too much pinkish undertones in these scans. I tried to do photos but the result is practically the same. Damn, reds are difficult to present accurately.

@lapis - where do you find them for 36 euros? I would like to try Or Audaxieux and Gris something-something.

I think I am going to try this ink in my NOS Montblanc 146R that I got recently.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Great review as usual, not my kind of colour; silly name, might as well call it Rouge DSK.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Vis...excellent review. I thought I had sent you some Or Audacieux...maybe not. I like both the red and the gold LV inks. Very nice colors. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? To me, yes. I'm still trying to get a few more LV inks, but increasingly difficult in the States. Time will tell.

Mary

Great review! Not my color though.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Vis...excellent review. I thought I had sent you some Or Audacieux...maybe not. I like both the red and the gold LV inks. Very nice colors. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? To me, yes. I'm still trying to get a few more LV inks, but increasingly difficult in the States. Time will tell.

Mary

But are you dreaming about them?

Last nite I actually dreamed I had seen a friend who was home for a visit from Paris; I asked him to see if he couldn't get this ink & another one when he returned to Paris. I can honestly say I don't recall dreaming about an ink before, this may be getting a bit "out of hand." I have decided to blame my dream on the awareness of so many Mothers dying eggs last nite for their children's hunts today & not worry about it, though.

Ha, Jack!! Haven't started dreaming about inks yet, but do have an occasional nightmare about bouncing a mortgage check because my account is ink money depleted. We WILL get our LV inks, Jack...just a matter of time.

@lapis - where do you find them for 36 euros? I would like to try Or Audaxieux and Gris something-something.

Their site says it cost 36 here (in Germany as an order). I imagine that's the same directly in a store here too but I haven't checked that out.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

All the LV inks are special order now on the US web site, although there seem to be more pen and nib options available. I wonder what LV intends to do with this line. No one at the Dallas store is even aware that these products exist.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.