A Great Levenger Deal

Misfit

This might just be a great Levenger deal if you are interested in Circa disc notebooks. Levenger has several Circa sample packages. One is Circa Irresistible and costs $40, but comes with a $40 gift card.

Now for the L-Tech pen part. In their outlet area, three discontinued colors are available for $49.99. They are Excalibur, Bronze and Moss.

The gift card practically pays for the pen. The downside is shipping isn't cheap.

I got the sample set, and made one letter size and one junior size notebooks. The covers are translucent, so your first page shows through. I'm going to find a photo I like and print it to add. It helps that I have a circa punch of course. The junior size fit in my purse/bag.

I got the Excalibur version with a B nib, and it arrived today. You get the pen, a converter, one short cartridge, and two stylus toppers in a metal case.

Of course the $40 gift card is for whatever you want. The photo of the pen shows it a bit darker than it is.

post-48471-0-36648000-1492285585_thumb.jpg

post-48471-0-50846400-1492285613_thumb.jpg

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• ErrantSmudge

• RussG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the Circa Junior with Excalibur L-Tech.

And here are some of the items included to customize

post-48471-0-31299800-1492289946_thumb.jpg

post-48471-0-70497500-1492290079_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

Circa Notebooks, Ugh.

Levenger advertises their paper as fountain pen-friendly, but in reality the Circa notebook paper is really poor quality. Terrible with feathering and see-through when used with a fountain pen.

Several years ago I started a new job and purchased a Circa notebook as an organizational tool. Along with it I bought a huge supply of refill paper, before I discovered just how bad it really was. Being the kind of person who doesn't want to toss stuff, I switched to gel pens in order to use it up. I gave up fountain pens for five years because of Levenger's crappy paper. (And 3X5 cards jam when inserted into the special Circa pages intended to accommodate them).

I'll go farther and say I've been underwhelmed by every pen, ink and paper purchase I've made from Levenger. They've always over-promised and under-delivered, not even taking their prices into account.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Wow, how unfortunate their paper was so poor and you stocked up on it.

I wonder if it has improved some. I put Kaweco Palm Green in the Excalibur, and it certainly wrote like a wet broad nib. I wrote on the back side of the junior Levenger paper. No bleed through but but some show through, though not especially bad. That might not work for a lot of people.

It's good for people to post their experiences with Circa paper so others get an idea of it before buying. Dry writers might be best with this paper.

Posted Image

I'd love to hear other people's experiences with the Circa paper too. It may have improved; I purchased mine in 2009 or thereabouts.

Rule of thumb is to try a sample before committing to a huge purchase.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

I have used circa paper on and off over the years. it works fine with my fountain pens. I used to be able to buy Rhodia paper from Levenger cut for circa but that stopped over a year ago. you can also purchase your own paper and use the punch.