M800 In Red And Black

MHBru

I know this pen hasn't been around for a while and I don't see any for sale anywhere. Any thoughts on reliable availability of this handsome pen?

post-135501-0-40967800-1492198104_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MHBru

• jkingrph

• Eccles

• Mulrich

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No thoughts as far as what you are asking, BUT I don't understand why this is no longer available. It is by far and away my favorite style.

No thoughts as far as what you are asking, BUT I don't understand why this is no longer available. It is by far and away my favorite style.

I agree with you... a really nice looking pen... I sent a note to Pelikan through their website asking about availability too and will post anything I find out.

Sorry I can't help you either, as I've been looking for this one for a while.

Your best bet is to keep a search going on eBay. It is very hard to find one and when they do show up, they command top dollar. I also agree that this is one of the most beautiful offerings in Pelikan's line and I cannot understand why they stopped production. Particularly because it seems that the M400/600 are still available.

I tried buying a red M800 when I was new to fountain pens but I didn't understand how rare they were. I tried getting a price similar to a standard M800 and surprisingly someone made a better offer (which was still a great deal).

I'm not sure if this thread was started in response to the classified, but someone listed a red M800 FP/RB set yesterday (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/44922-discontd-pelikan-m800-red-fp-and-roller-set/). They're asking a pretty penny but as others have said, they don't come available very often. I'm interested to see what it sells for.

I tried buying a red M800 when I was new to fountain pens but I didn't understand how rare they were. I tried getting a price similar to a standard M800 and surprisingly someone made a better offer (which was still a great deal).

I'm not sure if this thread was started in response to the classified, but someone listed a red M800 FP/RB set yesterday (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/44922-discontd-pelikan-m800-red-fp-and-roller-set/). They're asking a pretty penny but as others have said, they don't come available very often. I'm interested to see what it sells for.

good catch I had not seen that... really not interested in the roller ball and I asked what kind of condition they are in...I have not purchased anything through this site before. would you say that prices ultimately paid are higher or lower that the original ask?

I paid around 440 Euro for a NOS red/black M800 last year at Stilo Fetti in Rome. I think it was the last one, but you can always ask.

Edited by Calabria

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I didn't know it is rare. I am writing with mine now, have it inked up with Smoky Quartz, & it is a joy to write with.

The red striped M800 is an amazing pen. It's a real shame that they're discontinued. Very hard to find these days. I don't see them come up for sale often. I was lucky to pick one up at a pen show for a good price last year.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I didn't know it is rare. I am writing with mine now, have it inked up with Smoky Quartz, & it is a joy to write with.

Nice! Jealous ... but happy you have one.

The red striped M800 is an amazing pen. It's a real shame that they're discontinued. Very hard to find these days. I don't see them come up for sale often. I was lucky to pick one up at a pen show for a good price last year.

You'd be the one to know this but were they announced as a limited release? It's not listed that way on the Pelikan website and if you based everything on the site, you'd think they were still available. Frustrating and I just haven't seen another 8xx that really grabs me the same way.

Edited by MHBru

You'd be the one to know this but were they announced as a limited release? It's not listed that way on the Pelikan website and if you based everything on the site, you'd think they were still available. Frustrating and I just haven't seen another 8xx that really grabs me the same way.

Not a limited release but a finish they've discontinued. I believe the production run was something like 2001-2012.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

i was lucky to find one on ebay, near-new and with a B nib, for just $160 about ten years ago. sadly i let go of it a year ago when i downsized my collection.

Check out my blog and my pens

I know this pen hasn't been around for a while and I don't see any for sale anywhere. Any thoughts on reliable availability of this handsome pen?

Hard to find these days. I've been looking for some time.

Edited by FriendAmos

Yes, as FriendAmos says, an M8XX is an M8XX. It is one of my favorite pens, and I have several examples, all purchased new. Every one functioned perfectly out of the box, and I regularly rotate them; I almost always have one in my ready writing gear, often two.

As I think I mentioned on another thread, I have kicked myself repeatedly for not getting a red/black stripe while the getting was good.

Yes but note that these sales say the red is out of stock.

Oops, missed that, sorry. :(

There is one available, also from a Singapore seller, for a mere $1999.00. :yikes:

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I too started searching for the red/black stripe late and felt fortunate when I saw a new old stock available last year. It did cost more than originally but the difference has been forgotten as I really like this pen.

post-131820-0-79419100-1492430152_thumb.jpg

Retired, twice. Time to do more things, writing being one.