My Lamy Collection

sirksael

After many years of collecting Lamy I thought I would share my collection, some of you may be interested, I think there are some interesting pens in there.

The picture quality is not top, just ask if you would like to see a better picture of a specific pen!

fpn_1492179858__012711.jpg

fpn_1492179877__0227-25-2611.jpg

fpn_1492179896__0399ratio11.jpg

fpn_1492179908__04ratio-6x-8x11.jpg

fpn_1492179918__05cp1-linea-logo-pur11.j

fpn_1492179926__06smile-nexx-abc-artus11

fpn_1492179934__07nexx-abc11.jpg

fpn_1492179943__08accent11.jpg

fpn_1492179951__09d3-persona-lady-studio

fpn_1492179968__11studio11.jpg

fpn_1492179960__10unic-2000-demo-lx11.jp

fpn_1492179976__12scala11.jpg

fpn_1492179984__13joy11.jpg

fpn_1492179991__14al-star11.jpg

fpn_1492180008__15safari11.jpg

Edited by sirksael

Help? Why am I buying so many fountain pens?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirksael

• christof

• MYU

• OSF

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, getting on for 200 Lamys at my rough estimate. I hope they sent you an easter egg. :) Or was it just another pen? ;)

X

I'm in awe......

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Two questions:

1. What are the ones you use most often? (and what ink)

2. I see you have a Pur 47. How does it compare to the other modern pens? Is it worth saving up a little more and buying a CP1 instead?

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

I have a similar question:

What Lamy do you recommend for someone who wants to move beyond the Safari family? i.e. What Lamy is the next buy after you've acquired a Safari/Al-Star/Lx.

Wow! Impressive! I especially love the Studios!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Thanks all for the kind words! I'm a little bit behind on the latest series, and that Terracotta safari keeps eluding me, but otherwise I am very happy with my Lamy pens :)

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Two questions:

1. What are the ones you use most often? (and what ink)

2. I see you have a Pur 47. How does it compare to the other modern pens? Is it worth saving up a little more and buying a CP1 instead?

1. Most often the 2000 makrolons. One is rather modern, one is an early version. I purchased it with some flaws but Lamy restored it for me with NOS parts and now it is perfect. As far as ink is concerned I have a drawer with ink bottles and cartridges, and I choose according to my mood, I love lamy black ink though, it has a specific quality which Attracts me.

2. The Pur is a lovely pen, it has some more body than a CP1. As a writer, I would choose it over a CP1. They all have the same nib options obviously so it comes down to weight and feel. I do have big hands though, if you have smaller hands you may prefer the CP1.

I have a similar question:

What Lamy do you recommend for someone who wants to move beyond the Safari family? i.e. What Lamy is the next buy after you've acquired a Safari/Al-Star/Lx.

I would go for the Accent. For me, it is an underestimated pen. It has interchangeable sections, so you can change according to mood, plus you can prioritise either looks or functionality (i.e. Rubber section for grip or shiny metal for looks).

It can be purchased with the 14k nib, and due to the fact that it is not that popular, can often be found for little money in perfect condition.

1. Most often the 2000 makrolons. One is rather modern, one is an early version. I purchased it with some flaws but Lamy restored it for me with NOS parts and now it is perfect. As far as ink is concerned I have a drawer with ink bottles and cartridges, and I choose according to my mood, I love lamy black ink though, it has a specific quality which Attracts me.

2. The Pur is a lovely pen, it has some more body than a CP1. As a writer, I would choose it over a CP1. They all have the same nib options obviously so it comes down to weight and feel. I do have big hands though, if you have smaller hands you may prefer the CP1.

Thank you again, now I just have to pick between getting either an ST/Linea or a Pur! It might come down to size, as you mentioned. Too bad the sellers I have identified are on a different continent from where I am. :lol:

I, too, enjoyed Lamy Black from with an EF Safari. It was quite..three-dimensional? Made me reconsider my no-black-inks rule.

Edited by antichresis

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

I would go for the Accent. For me, it is an underestimated pen. It has interchangeable sections, so you can change according to mood, plus you can prioritise either looks or functionality (i.e. Rubber section for grip or shiny metal for looks).

It can be purchased with the 14k nib, and due to the fact that it is not that popular, can often be found for little money in perfect condition.

Thank you. Before I asked you that question, I was strongly considering the Accent myself. The Logo/CP1 are nice pens but a bit too narrow. The Accent has that nice enlarged grip, and it adds some character to the overall look of the pen.

The downside for me is that it seems Lamy doesn't sell the Accent in the USA anymore. So I have to buy from another source - used, eBay, or from a European dealer.

:o Now that is a collection of Lamy's. :notworthy1: :thumbup:

I gave away my CP-M or 1 and a Safari to a neighbor to get her into fountain pens.

I have some Artus and a Persona black titanium oxide....1990...no bump on the clip. I once had a 27.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Congratulations, sir, on an EPIC Lamy collection. :)

I think this is the first time I've ever been envious of another man's pen collection. :blush:

Although, I must also confess, Lamy is probably my favorite brand... odd for someone who favors the baroque... but I've fallen for Lamy because on the whole, they've given me the least grief. :)

- Anthony

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful collection!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Congratulations, sir, on an EPIC Lamy collection. :)

I think this is the first time I've ever been envious of another man's pen collection. :blush:

- Anthony

Thanks but there is no need! The good thing about Lamy is that it is financially achievable for most to build a nice collection. There are a few expensive pieces but mostly the price of one high-end pen would take you a long way to - for example - a full collection of Lamy studios.

That's the most epic LAMY pen collection I've ever seen -- WOW! :yikes: You sure have been thorough, sirksael. Not only modern but in vintage models as well. Congratulations on your achievement!

I noticed your mentioning use of the Lamy 2000 Makrolon most of all. Do you find the all steel anniversary edition to be a little too heavy? I'd long thought about getting one of those, but just never got around to it. I was a bit bothered by the lack of an ink window, something I greatly appreciate in the Makrolon 2000.

Christof is quite a LAMY collector as well, and at one point was selling off some fabulous vintage models on behalf of another collector.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Wow! Someone really loves Lamy!

I am looking at the Al Stars and Safaris particularly. Is it a complete collection or do you miss any LE?

That's the most epic LAMY pen collection I've ever seen -- WOW! :yikes: You sure have been thorough, sirksael. Not only modern but in vintage models as well. Congratulations on your achievement!

I noticed your mentioning use of the Lamy 2000 Makrolon most of all. Do you find the all steel anniversary edition to be a little too heavy? I'd long thought about getting one of those, but just never got around to it. I was a bit bothered by the lack of an ink window, something I greatly appreciate in the Makrolon 2000.

Christof is quite a LAMY collector as well, and at one point was selling off some fabulous vintage models on behalf of another collector.

Thanks! I particularly appreciate this coming from you, your excellent essay on the Lamy 27 was a great help and inspiration to me! I am still missing the all-gold model, I have never seen it again except in your pictures.

I remember that collection, unfortunately all the best things were gone by the time I got wind of it...

Wow! Someone really loves Lamy!

I am looking at the Al Stars and Safaris particularly. Is it a complete collection or do you miss any LE?

In the pictures there is the Orange All-star missing, I forgot to put it in the picture. As far as the safaris are concerned, I think I am only Missing the Terracotta orange, I don't have that one unfortunately.

Of course, there are a bunch of more specific models which I don't have. The Al-star Bastian Schweinsteiger comes to mind, or the special Edition made for the NH Swedish malls.

I think it's personal choice whether a collector wants to collect those or not. For example the special safari's made for the asian market, I have some of those, others don't interest me as those are basically a standard safari in a different box.

So you see, the question whether the collection is complete is not all that easy to answer ;)