The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Davidoff Year Of The Snake Limited Edition

davidoff year of the snake limited edition

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:04

Dear All,

I came across this pen today and was wondering if anyone had any information about it.  I searched FPN as usual, and at most, I could only find that it was likely to have been made by Omas, though I am uncertain.  And if anyone is more familiar and can tell me about authenticity cues or if the pen is fake, please do let me know.

Here's a link to the flyer: https://www.stylo.ca...df/en_20136.pdf

Here's the actual pen that I am looking at:

davidoff_limited_edition_fountain_pen_14

I'm uncertain how much the price of this pen is on the market.  The flyer says 3360 CHF, which if it is Swiss Francs, would be $3342 USD.

Edited by asegier, 14 April 2017 - 05:05.

Sponsored Content

#2 Mastiff

Mastiff

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:29

Looks like Caran d'Ache Le man but I could be completely wrong. No I have not come across this one before.

#3 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:22

Looks like Caran d'Ache Le man but I could be completely wrong. No I have not come across this one before.

Thanks for the reply Mastiff. Yes, indeed I couldn't find any info about it at all. But I know that Davidoff commissions their pens, so it's got to be some other company making it. Makes me real curious who.

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 13:38

It says German made which eliminates Montegrappa, Caran d'Ache and St Dupont as well as the Asian connections. 

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#5 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 15:32

It says German made which eliminates Montegrappa, Caran d'Ache and St Dupont as well as the Asian connections. 

You're right!  I didn't even catch that!  Hmm German made... How likely is it that Pelikan or Montblanc would do it?

#6 jar

jar

• Member - Gold

• 26,143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 22:55

You're right!  I didn't even catch that!  Hmm German made... How likely is it that Pelikan or Montblanc would do it?

Doesn't look like either.  Based on shape I suspect Eastern Germany origin possible Cleo-Skribent based on their Aura model.

My Website

#7 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 13:35

Hmm... I see what you mean.  The cap has some similarity.  This is such a curiosity.  I really wonder who made this pen!

#8 jar

jar

• Member - Gold

• 26,143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 14:15

Hmm... I see what you mean.  The cap has some similarity.  This is such a curiosity.  I really wonder who made this pen!

Also, Cleo Skribent makes piston fillers that use a blind cap to cover the piston knob and ones where the cap is threaded when posted.  All of the features in the Davidoff pen can be found on different Cleo Skribent models. They even have models covered in a dipped lacquer finish.

My Website

#9 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:11

Also, Cleo Skribent makes piston fillers that use a blind cap to cover the piston knob and ones where the cap is threaded when posted.  All of the features in the Davidoff pen can be found on different Cleo Skribent models. They even have models covered in a dipped lacquer finish.

So, highly likely that it's a Cleo Skribent.  I've never looked at that brand before, perhaps I'll take a look into it now.

#10 FOUR X FOUR

FOUR X FOUR

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:24

I'm not so fond of the pen but Davidoff sure makes a fine cigar

#11 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:56

I'm not so fond of the pen but Davidoff sure makes a fine cigar

Hahaha.  That's too bad.  I guess each persons taste is different.  I have now acquired the pen, and although it wasn't love at first sight, I am growing to like it more and more.  Likely cause I was introduced to the Rouge et Noir by Montblanc a while back.  I didn't really like the pen at first sight either, as I wasn't really a fan of snakes (though I thought they were cool on items).  But I grew to like the pen, especially the more exaggerated Limited Editions.  So when I saw this pen, I bit.  Haha.

Edited by asegier, 18 April 2017 - 01:57.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: davidoff, year, of, the, snake, limited edition

Sponsored Content

|