• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bitflogger

• inkypete

• amberleadavis

• Astronymus

• 11 months later...

I’d like to be a fan again but it doesn’t look like there’s good distribution in the USA right now. I have binders from an importer that appears to have disappeared and it also looks like 8.5 x 5.5 inch vs A5. It makes me think start all over again.

I’ve been using Red & Black books since these disappeared from a local store. You can tear out a page from those and have a good edge but I liked this system for the ability to have the page flat on a desk and put it back in the book.

It looks like some others make disc bound systems but life would be great if I knew there was a current Atoma refill that fit the covers I have and paper with the same quality.

Thank you for that video review. Never heard of Atoma but now find they have an agent in Australia so I have ordered a couple to try.

https://www.atoma.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=5

I ordered from them when I was in Australia. Very friendly service and quick delivery.

I have tried several different Atoma papers (cream and white, lined, graph and plain) and I like the adaptability of the notebooks. I’ve bought refills from various sources (Aus and U.K.) and sadly I found the paper to be very inconsistent regarding FP-friendliness. Most inks feathered on them and there was bleed-through on all but the cream plain paper. I still like the versatility though, so I just use them with gel pens and rollerballs.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I ordered from them when I was in Australia. Very friendly service and quick delivery.

I have tried several different Atoma papers (cream and white, lined, graph and plain) and I like the adaptability of the notebooks. I’ve bought refills from various sources (Aus and U.K.) and sadly I found the paper to be very inconsistent regarding FP-friendliness. Most inks feathered on them and there was bleed-through on all but the cream plain paper. I still like the versatility though, so I just use them with gel pens and rollerballs.

Hmm..... on the paper quality. Recalling what I used to get from the now gone USA distributor is what sparked interest again. They clearly got it from Atoma but the ref # from my last few refills does not match.

I stayed away from similar looking or other systems such as what I saw in Staples stores thinking the paper might not be good.

One of the German sellers linked from Atoma lists USD, and there's an Amazon seller in Germany with what looks like the official Atoma paper.

I’d like to be a fan again but it doesn’t look like there’s good distribution in the USA right now. I have binders from an importer that appears to have disappeared and it also looks like 8.5 x 5.5 inch vs A5. It makes me think start all over again.

I don't know whether it is a good distributor (not in the US, never done business with them) but ipenstore appears to carry quite some. There might be others as well.

Of course if you do not mind paying import or other taxes (if any) you can check atoma's website (www.atoma.be) as well, they have a webshop (to be checked whether they ship to the USA).

No links to Atoma, not even a customer (the paper is very good, but I don't like the system). Tastes differs.

Ik ontken het grote belang van de computer niet, maar vind het van een stuitende domheid om iets wat al millennia zijn belang heeft bewezen daarom overboord te willen gooien (Ann De Craemer)

I don't know whether it is a good distributor (not in the US, never done business with them) but ipenstore appears to carry quite some. There might be others as well.

Of course if you do not mind paying import or other taxes (if any) you can check atoma's website (www.atoma.be) as well, they have a webshop (to be checked whether they ship to the USA).

No links to Atoma, not even a customer (the paper is very good, but I don't like the system). Tastes differs.

Thank you! It's interesting they did not show up in searches but upon reflection, I realized I've been including the ref # in my old refill packs for most searches. Thanks again.

I bought some covers and refills locally through their Aussie dealer. Must say the paper was disappointing. Writes wide and I won't use it. I assume that it all comes from the one source so if you are interested then try a little first as it may not suit everyone. I like the whole system but paper really disappointed.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Perhaps I should have specified: the elégant collection, shown in the video, uses cream colored paper. That's the paper I use and love.

It's also used in the leather covered notebooks. These are very lovely, but aren't exactly cheap.

Their regular white paper is indeed nothing to write home about.

Perhaps I should have specified: the elégant collection, shown in the video, uses cream colored paper. That's the paper I use and love.

It's also used in the leather covered notebooks. These are very lovely, but aren't exactly cheap.

Their regular white paper is indeed nothing to write home about.

Maybe that was my error as I bought the white.

Thank you for presenting the video. They seem very similar to Levenger's Circa and Staples' ARC system. While the idea is good, the paper in both systems has really gone downhill and not very fountain pen friendly. The last pack of paper that I bought from Levenger was terrible!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Well, I suppose I should have waited today to order & then I would have spared myself from ordering a notebook that uses the "white paper." The only saving grace may be that I also ordered a refill packet for the notebook & chose cream paper. Looking back @ the web site, both the cream & white paper is listed as "90 gram fountain pen friendly paper," but the cream does cost almost twice as much the white, when ordering the refills. It will be interesting to compare them upon arrival.

Well, I suppose I should have waited today to order & then I would have spared myself from ordering a notebook that uses the "white paper." The only saving grace may be that I also ordered a refill packet for the notebook & chose cream paper. Looking back @ the web site, both the cream & white paper is listed as "90 gram fountain pen friendly paper," but the cream does cost almost twice as much the white, when ordering the refills. It will be interesting to compare them upon arrival.

I would have to say the white I bought is certainly not FP friendly. It is nice quality as a general rule but not FP friendly. I haven't tried the cream.

This is a brilliant idea for a notepad. Probably impossible for me to find here, but still brilliant. I am curious, though, how Atoma's 90gsm cream paper compares to Rhodia's 90gsm ivory paper. Does anyone have any experience with both?

I’ve been using Red & Black books since these disappeared from a local store. You can tear out a page from those and have a good edge but I liked this system for the ability to have the page flat on a desk and put it back in the book.

It looks like some others make disc bound systems but life would be great if I knew there was a current Atoma refill that fit the covers I have and paper with the same quality.

IPenstore.com is bringing in a fairly decent selection of Atoma to the US.

IPenstore.com is bringing in a fairly decent selection of Atoma to the US.

Buy with caution - test the paper you prefer first to make sure it is OK with your pens. Nice product if it does.

The paper is much like my old Atoma notebooks. I can see why some don't care for it but it serves my purpose will.

The size is not the same seemingly defunct Naperville, IL distributor had.

My first order from ipenstore was fine.

Thank you.

How is it different from the Circa, Rollabind or TUL discbound collections?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I don't use the Atoma system but I always considered it. I know there is a puncher for the Atoma system out there. So you can add whatever paper you want.

How is it different from the Circa, Rollabind or TUL discbound collections?

Unless I'm sorely mistaken, Atoma is the original discbound system.