The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Germany

paper german

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Voodoo463

Voodoo463

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 23:03

I recently picked up my first fountain pen. Actually, it is my second, but my first was nearly 4 years ago, and I never used it to its full potential. I'm trying to adapt to a Faber Castell WRITink with a B nib. The papers I am writing with however, seem to have a decent amount of feathering. I currently live in Aachen Germany, and as germans usually have a german equivalent of everything non german, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for good quality paper of all price ranges (all I care about is quality) the price I will decide on. I know 32lb hp premium choice paper is a constant recommendation, what would be the german equivalent of this?

I know many german companies are hesitant to sell online or ship oversees, but are available through domestic distributors, any advice would be great.

I'm running blind!

Sponsored Content

#2 Drone

Drone

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:22

Try Clairfontaine paper, it's made in France not Germany, but I understand it is generally available across the EU. Here's the Clairfontaine Web site, contact them and ask where you can buy in Germany.

http://www.clairefon....com/?langue=en

Generally, Clairfontaine is a high quality clay/kaolin-filled paper that is very smooth yet not highly absorbent. Writing on Clairfontaine paper is very smooth with little if-any feathering or show-through. However, you might find that ink dry times are longer on Clairfontaine. Also, because the paper is rather non-absorbent, nibs that need absorbent papers to help with ink-flow may skip or railroad with Clairfontaine paper. But problems are rare, I would venture to guess 90% of all pens will work well on Clairfontaine paper.

Stick with the basic Clairfontaine products such as their general purpose notebooks and pads. Clairfontaine does sell some speciality papers and products, such as "stone paper" notebooks. Steer clear of the strange stuff.

You probably have Carrefour hypermarket stores in Germany. Carrefour is a French company, their outlets have been known to carry Clairfontaine notebooks. This page may have a store locator.

http://www.carrefour...tores-worldwide

Edited by Drone, 14 April 2017 - 03:23.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paper, german

Sponsored Content

|