51S Just Received.

mitto

Last week was good. These four 51s were bought for me from Karachi antique market by a antique dealer friend for unbelievably good price.

Three more 51s bought on the weekend are still in the mail.

post-117288-0-68200800-1491895681_thumb.jpg

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• JotterAddict62

• FarmBoy

• Flippy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well those look like they are in great shape. Congratulations.

...including the plum?

Thank you.

Khan M. Ilyas

...including the plum?

Thank you.

Plum

Burgundy

Bloody Britain

Is the blue cap smooth or ringed?

Sometimes I only find solace in knowing I get to buy all your 51s someday. (Hint implied)

Very well done.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Plum

Burgundy

Bloody Britain

Is the blue cap smooth or ringed?

Sometimes I only find solace in knowing I get to buy all your 51s someday. (Hint implied)

Very well done.

Hi FB, the blue cap is ringed. I think the light reflection did conseal the ring.

Khan M. Ilyas

Update, Todd.

There is no line (around the cap) showing the ring but the (pattern's) lines do not reach the end/lips of the cap. Now you would have to tell me is it smooth or ringed. Hint well taken.

Khan M. Ilyas

Nice haul again. I was lucky last Aug. when I picked up 11 Parker's & 1 Sheaffer FP for $2 a piece.

Three were P51's [ 2 Vac's ] and one had a SS cap without a ding or dent on it.

So Kahn when is your store going to open up so that FB & I can attend the grand opening?

You have the right idea to have lookouts for the pens that you obtain.

Happy hunting......

Ken

Nice haul again. I was lucky last Aug. when I picked up 11 Parker's & 1 Sheaffer FP for $2 a piece.

Three were P51's [ 2 Vac's ] and one had a SS cap without a ding or dent on it.

So Kahn when is your store going to open up so that FB & I can attend the grand opening?

You have the right idea to have lookouts for the pens that you obtain.

Happy hunting......

Ken

Thank you, Ken.

You two - FB and you - have been reading my mind. Let us see when I run out of money. Only then I may think about bringing out my pen treasures to finance further purchases of pens with the sale proceeds.

Khan M. Ilyas

Thank you, Ken.

You two - FB and you - have been reading my mind. Let us see when I run out of money. Only then I may think about bringing out my pen treasures to finance further purchases of pens with the sale proceeds.

I plan on selling at local flea markets this year. I still have items that came with the house when I bought it from my Grandmother in 2003. [ I bought the house with the house full and the garage full, oh yeah the shed as well. ] Sell the unwanted items to buy more pens. I will sell some of the non Parker pens that I have and some of the Parkers as well. [ the overflow ]

One side of my bed is almost always literally littererd with pens [owerflow here too]. My better half is always complaining...lol.

Khan M. Ilyas

Kahn and Ken: how do you do it? How does anyone find four such beautiful P51s, or 51s at $2 each? I have looked in antique stores / fea markets in New York, Maryland, and Missouri. Only thing I found was a WASP cap and barrel -- no nib, section, or filling system.

Congratulations to both of you!

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

Kahn and Ken: how do you do it? How does anyone find four such beautiful P51s, or 51s at $2 each? I have looked in antique stores / fea markets in New York, Maryland, and Missouri. Only thing I found was a WASP cap and barrel -- no nib, section, or filling system.

Well, that is a business sectet. Isnt it?

And, thank you, welch.

Khan M. Ilyas

I live in the heart of Parker country. [ That's a + ]

Oh no... oh no... this makes me SO jealous.... :yikes:

Still... congratulations on such lovely acquisitions. I hope you enjoy them in excellent health.

Forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde.

I'm funding Ken's retirement and hoping Kahn will arrive at my house one day for a visit and forget his suitcase when he leaves...

ETA: Both are invited to the SF Show for a private viewing of the Archive - West...

Edited by FarmBoy

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I live in the heart of Parker country. [ That's a + ]

Hmm... About a month ago I spent a few days there hunting for parkers and, although I did see lots and lots of pens, they were in general vastly overpriced (like $70 for a P21). Ironically, I saw more watermans, Sheaffers and Eversharp than Parkers. Granted, only a local would know the hidden places...

Mitto, congratulations on a wonderful "haul". Tell us, how many plums do you have?

Oh no... oh no... this makes me SO jealous.... :yikes:

Still... congratulations on such lovely acquisitions. I hope you enjoy them in excellent health.

Thank you, Lexus77.

Khan M. Ilyas

Hmm... About a month ago I spent a few days there hunting for parkers and, although I did see lots and lots of pens, they were in general vastly overpriced (like $70 for a P21). Ironically, I saw more watermans, Sheaffers and Eversharp than Parkers. Granted, only a local would know the hidden places...

Mitto, congratulations on a wonderful "haul". Tell us, how many plums do you have?

Thank you, Lam.

Not many. It is just the second one. But I am expecting another one. I am in receipt of pictures of some 51s and one of them looks like it could be plum. Nobody among my suppliers know anything about 51 colors or caps variety.

My suppliers give me, sometimes, a few of the S21s for free as bonus.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas