Pif: Battered But Still Working Waterman Pen

mamajones

I'd like to pass on a slightly battered Waterman pen -- some of the enamel and the gold-plating have flaked off -- that still works perfectly and writes beautifully. The pen has a working Waterman convertor, presumably original with the pen. I inked it up to write the slightly illegible message below, but I will, of course, clean it before sending,

This Waterman was one of my first fountain pens, given to me sometime before 1990. Soon I discovered I liked Pelikans and their broader nibs much better. So I put this pen away, pretty much forgot about it as it moved with me to about the country. Reading on this forum, I realized that although this old pen is no longer outwardly attractive, it might be of value to someone who would like a pen that writes well.

If you are interested in receiving this pen, please post in this thread by Thursday, April 13, 6:00 EDT. If there is more than one person interested, I will use the random number method to choose a winner. You will need to reply by Friday midnight (EDT) to claim the pen.

I am willing to pay postage world-wide as long as you are willing to wait, since I will probably send it by the slowest (that is, cheapest) way overseas!

I hope this PIF is being done correctly: if there are any questions or problems, please let me know!

post-133435-0-62515600-1491797608.jpgpost-133435-0-44638900-1491797629.jpgpost-133435-0-23512700-1491797646.jpgpost-133435-0-54386700-1491797662.jpgpost-133435-0-72817200-1491797729.jpgpost-133435-0-72456400-1491797743.jpgpost-133435-0-90226800-1491797675.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mamajones

• sodul

• jmcollis

• Miaxina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. I will thankfully receive a waterman any day. The only waterman I have is a writing beauty in my treasure

I've heard good things about Waterman but have never had the opportunity to try one. I would kindly ask that I be considered for this PIF. Thank you for your generousity!

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

That stripe pattern is really cool! Please include me? Even beat-up pens are worth their weight in gold to a newbie :)

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

I would love to add another waterman to my collection

Forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde.

A Waterman is on my list for sure so why not! I also have to practice restauration and this seem like a great candidate for a little polish. Good luck everyone !

That's a mineral red Laureat, sold from the mid-80's on. I'm not entering the drawing, but they were quite nice pens, which sold for $60 on up, depending on finish.

That's a mineral red Laureat, sold from the mid-80's on. I'm not entering the drawing, but they were quite nice pens, which sold for $60 on up, depending on finish.

Thank you for the information! It certainly has the heft of a good pen! It was a passed on to me from a boyfriend at the time, so I have no idea where and when it was purchased. My best guess was that it might have been bought in Austria or in the UK in the late 1980s.

Glad to see that people are interested in this pen: it has sat idle for too many years!

That looks to be a gorgeous pen! I've always been looking to have a waterman, and as such would love to be included, thank you and thanks for your generosity! :)

I do not own a waterman and have never tried one so please add me as an interested party. Thank you for your generosity and good luck to all

Carolyn

Thank you for the information! It certainly has the heft of a good pen! It was a passed on to me from a boyfriend at the time, so I have no idea where and when it was purchased. My best guess was that it might have been bought in Austria or in the UK in the late 1980s.

Glad to see that people are interested in this pen: it has sat idle for too many years!

It's easy to provide that information when I have the same model and finish of pen on my desk in front of me. They were nice pens, indeed.

Mamajones -

Wonderfully generous of you to offer this pen. I have a few Asian pens but no vintage pens worthy of the name and would treasure this if my number came up.

I don't have a waterman, I don't need it to look nice I just need it to write. I'd love to be considered in this PIF.