• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• antichresis

• truthpil

• mhguda

• martinbir

You could then directly fill an eyedropper-filled pen. Daytone ink (from India) has something similar, not as an option, as the only way to get ink from the bottle... it works for me because most of the pens I use are eyedroppers. But I can't use the Daytone ink in my piston fillers or converter pens.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

OH so it's just a nozzle? I had the impression that it was some sort of vacuum whatever contraption. (Google Translate was unhelpful)

On an unrelated note, have you tried Daytone's Dark Grey? I've been looking for a swab/writing sample of it for ages because I heard that it's a blue-black but can't find (a clear) one.

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

That's what it seems like to me.

And no, I've never even heard of Daytone's Dark grey. But I do have their Blue black. It is a real blue black, no green or teal undertones.

Are you sure it is writing ink? It could be endorsing ink used for refilling stamp pads, I remember that coming in little plastic bottles with a nozzle.

IYAM the worst part is the cork, literally, which can soak up and contaminate the ink. That might be a good incentive, however, to get rid of the ink....

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Daytone is fountain pen ink and comes in a bottle with the only opening a nozzle.

I don't know about this one...

This is also for fountain pen use, according to the manufacturer/seller.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Has anyone tried it?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

One of my students bought this along with the Thyer pen.

It's not any special vacuum system, just a nozzle with a blunt syringe type of metal tube.

It's designed to work with the ink it is sold with (the bottle in the picture) which doesn't have a traditional bottle cap.

You're supposed to poke a whole in the foil cover of the ink bottle, screw the wide end of the nozzle on, then turn the whole thing upside down with the syringe end in the converter or barrel of an eyedropper.

Note that the nozzle is designed specifically for the ink bottle it's shown with, so it probably won't work with any other inks unless the threads are the same.

End result was disastrous for my student. I got a phone message showing her hands covered in ink. :doh:

I think it's just a gimmick.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

One of my students bought this along with the Thyer pen.

It's not any special vacuum system, just a nozzle with a blunt syringe type of metal tube.

It's designed to work with the ink it is sold with (the bottle in the picture) which doesn't have a traditional bottle cap.

You're supposed to poke a whole in the foil cover of the ink bottle, screw the wide end of the nozzle on, then turn the whole thing upside down with the syringe end in the converter or barrel of an eyedropper.

Note that the nozzle is designed specifically for the ink bottle it's shown with, so it probably won't work with any other inks unless the threads are the same.

End result was disastrous for my student. I got a phone message showing her hands covered in ink. :doh:

I think it's just a gimmick.

:yikes:

Oh yeah, and if you buy one of the Thyer pens, they include the nozzle/syringe system and a 5ml bottle of ink for free.

You'll be able to try it out yourself.

Oh yeah, and if you buy one of the Thyer pens, they include the nozzle/syringe system and a 5ml bottle of ink for free.

You'll be able to try it out yourself.

OHH. I didn't know this. Will definitely post about my experience with it here. I'm dead set on getting a few of them and the 992 you posted about.

I don't know anything about the ink makers discussed here but the filling system reminds me of the "Eye Dropper Bottle" that is an option for Franklin Christoph inks.

I've seen them use it at shows. Seems they made them for show use, filling customer's newly bought pens and keeping their demo pens full of ink. Enough people asked to buy a bottle with the eye dropper attachment that they started making them a standard option.

I don't know anything about the ink makers discussed here but the filling system reminds me of the "Eye Dropper Bottle" that is an option for Franklin Christoph inks.

I've seen them use it at shows. Seems they made them for show use, filling customer's newly bought pens and keeping their demo pens full of ink. Enough people asked to buy a bottle with the eye dropper attachment that they started making them a standard option.

Wow, those Franklin Christoph bottles are interesting! They would be perfect if they had a syringe point at the end so you could also refill converters and recycled cartridges. Thanks for the information.

I think that's the idea Thebai was going after with this new gizmo, but they did a poor job with the point where the nozzle connects to the bottle. I'm looking at it right now and the nozzle is supposed to snap (not screw) onto the ink bottle. It's also a soft silicone-like substance instead of hard plastic which is probably supposed to make the seal work. If I get a chance next weekend I'll try it out with the sample bottle and post pics.

The Thebai idea could be perfected if they made it a screw on nozzle with an O-ring inside to seal and then made it in a standard size for the most common ink bottles. Once my Chinese is good enough I just might email them about this. :P

• 9 months later...

The other day I was in a rush to try out an eyedropper pen and didn't want to waste any good ink in case the fill was a fail, so I tried this unique delivery system.

It works ok for eyedroppers and for refilling cartridges, but the main problem is that the clear rubber part that the little syringe attaches to designed to only fit the little glass ink bottle that it came with. Also, once you remove the foil cover from that glass bottle, the cheap little cork is the only way to reliably reseal the bottle which, as another poster above mentioned, would contaminate the ink and problem leak eventually.

To use this contraption, you have to affix the nozzle part to the rim of the glass bottle, install the syringe part at the end, turn the whole thing upside down and then repeatedly pinch the sides of the nozzle in order to move the ink from the glass down into whatever you are filling. It's kind of like milking a tiny I guess haha.

If all that works, then you have to wash out the nozzle and syringe part because some ink stays in there.

Overall it's a cute but highly impractical design. Nothing beat a long blunt syringe that can get down into the corner of an ink bottle.