The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Eco Help

twsbi eco piston

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aditkamath26

Aditkamath26

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 17:16

Hello and greetings
I have a TWSBI Eco which is my favourite pen currently in my collection. But there seems to be a problem. The piston knob when screwed all the way in, rotates freely for maybe a quarter or a turn. Is this common or something that I have to worry about?
Thanks and regards,
Adit

Sponsored Content

#2 dk76

dk76

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 17:32

Check the position of the piston.

I had the same issue with the Classic. Goulet and SBRE Brown have videos that talk about adjusting the height of the piston.

Basically, when you think you are in the fully closed position, the piston is retractdd fully but there is still a little play. I don't think I am explaining it fully. I apologize. My mind is on Sunday mode.

#3 Aditkamath26

Aditkamath26

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 18:14

Check the position of the piston.
I had the same issue with the Classic. Goulet and SBRE Brown have videos that talk about adjusting the height of the piston.
Basically, when you think you are in the fully closed position, the piston is retractdd fully but there is still a little play. I don't think I am explaining it fully. I apologize. My mind is on Sunday mode.

Thanks for the reply. We have school on sunday :(

#4 Old Salt

Old Salt

Old Salt

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 18:21

It's nothing that will effect you using the pen. No parts are going to fall off. If it doesn't really bother you, then you don't have to do anything, and your pen will operate just fine.
It is a matter of positioning the "travel" of the piston on the worm gear. Definitely go to the Goulet and especially SBRE Brown's videos.

#5 Cocobird

Cocobird

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:44

I like my TWSBI Eco very much. It is a smooth writer, and feels good in my hand.

#6 grilledcheese

grilledcheese

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:03

Just wanted to drop a quick note about great service received from TWSBI -- I somehow managed to lose the feed on my Eco (not the nib, just the feed!) and not only are they sending me a replacement, they even answered my email almost immediately on what is, for me, a Saturday night. Very pleased!

#7 Drone

Drone

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:23

Goulet and SBRE Brown have videos that talk about adjusting the height of the piston.

Goulet: TWSBI 580 Disassembly (the 580 is the same as the Eco mechanically)

https://www.youtube....h?v=A3ND2P4m0nE

SBRE Brown: Disassembly Line TWSBI Eco

Goulet: My TWSBI Eco Won't Post Anymore. Did I Do Something Wrong? - Q&A Slices (Ignore this one, it's useless)

https://www.youtube....h?v=4V34DREK9Qk

Have fun fighting with your Eco ;)

David

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, eco, piston

Sponsored Content

|