The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

M 800 Renaissance Brown

m800 pelikan renaissance brown cost

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#21 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 13:30

I just ordered one with matching ballpoint.  LCdC came in about $100 less than Applebloom , using both companies discounts.   Applebloom's checkout added some charge, the code for which I did not recognize, of about $125.

The colors and pattern reminds me of some of the older Conway Stewart pens

I noticed that too, but once you put in your location (I'm in Texas too), it drops off. I think it is similar to a VAT charge for Europe...

Sponsored Content

#22 ca49reber

ca49reber

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 17:10

I bought one from LCdC at the day it was announced too. Hard to pass on their price.

But I didn't use the above code, just the regular code that always gives us 10%.

I was planning to buy this year's releases from UK to get a BB nib. Sadly, no BB nibs being offered for this one (and the price increase in UK for this one was tough to swallow).

What is the regular code? I saw a different pen on their site that I liked.

#23 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 17:57

Brown10 or Gourmet10 are the ones I use.

#24 BayesianPrior

BayesianPrior

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 18:07

FYI Fritz Schimpf has it for €384 INCLUDING VAT.  Best advertised price I've seen.

bayesianprior.png

#25 ca49reber

ca49reber

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 20:36

Brown10 or Gourmet10 are the ones I use.

Thanks. I ordered a pen I was looking for the last yr & half.

#26 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 21:05

Thanks. I ordered a pen I was looking for the last yr & half.

And which pen would that be? 😏
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#27 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 21:13

FYI Fritz Schimpf has it for €384 INCLUDING VAT.  Best advertised price I've seen.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

#28 e19650826

e19650826

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:06

I almost resisted this pen because I'm anticipating another more interesting M8XX release later this year, but at this price, I can't. Thank you for sharing! My wallet hates you though.  :glare:

#29 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:53

FYI Fritz Schimpf has it for 384 INCLUDING VAT.  Best advertised price I've seen.

Why they don't ship to Slovenia is a mistery to me. I live very near the border to Austria. If I lived a couple of kilometres more north I could buy from them, but now I can't. Fascinating.

#30 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:22

Why they don't ship to Slovenia is a mistery to me. I live very near the border to Austria. If I lived a couple of kilometres more north I could buy from them, but now I can't. Fascinating.

Since LCdC doesn't charge for shipping (above 150 euros) it probably comes down to about the same, once you use the coupons. Perhaps they will ship to Slovenia.

#31 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:30

Since LCdC doesn't charge for shipping (above 150 euros) it probably comes down to about the same, once you use the coupons. Perhaps they will ship to Slovenia.

Yeah, I frequent LCdC and they do ship here. Difference is 20€ so meh, but still. Actually I can't remember a store the last time that excluded us from their shipping target countries. Fritz must be the only one I have encountered since..10 years or so.

Edited by invisuu, 12 April 2017 - 08:31.

#32 stephanos

stephanos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 21:34

Yeah, I frequent LCdC and they do ship here. Difference is 20€ so meh, but still. Actually I can't remember a store the last time that excluded us from their shipping target countries. Fritz must be the only one I have encountered since..10 years or so.

Peculiar. Maybe it's a licensing thing, with Pelikan not allowing them to sell to certain countries (?)

#33 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:31

Peculiar. Maybe it's a licensing thing, with Pelikan not allowing them to sell to certain countries (?)

Nah, Pelikan is purchasable locally in B&M stores, but we have very limited selection here. They probably forgot to add us, because we're such a small country. I sent them an email about it.

Edit: oh, you meant them specifically, sorry, it's still morning here. Well everyone else ships to here, so i don't think that is the reason.

Edited by invisuu, 13 April 2017 - 05:32.

#34 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:21

I contacted them and they said that it's no problem. They have added us to their list of countries that they send to on their website now. As I imagined, they probably forgot about us, which is completely normal since we're so small.

Now - the hard part! M800 Renaissance Brown or M405 Stresemann...first M800 or third M40x? Decisions, decisions. I just hope I don't end up with both, I should give my wallet some rest.

#35 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:08

I contacted them and they said that it's no problem. They have added us to their list of countries that they send to on their website now. As I imagined, they probably forgot about us, which is completely normal since we're so small.

Now - the hard part! M800 Renaissance Brown or M405 Stresemann...first M800 or third M40x? Decisions, decisions. I just hope I don't end up with both, I should give my wallet some rest.

M800 Renaissance, no question. If it sells out and you can't get one later, you'd regret it. On the other hand, I bet the M405 Stresemann is going to be easier to find...isn't it just a regular addition to the M400 lineup? Oh, and you don't have an M800 sized pen yet, so you should add one to your collection. Sorry, I'm an enabler and quite excited about this pen, lol.

#36 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:49

M800 Renaissance, no question. If it sells out and you can't get one later, you'd regret it. On the other hand, I bet the M405 Stresemann is going to be easier to find...isn't it just a regular addition to the M400 lineup? Oh, and you don't have an M800 sized pen yet, so you should add one to your collection. Sorry, I'm an enabler and quite excited about this pen, lol.

That's quite alright, I have a feeling I'm subconsciously drawn towards enablers. Makes my decision making process much simpler, you see.

The problem is, I can't go back to my Lamys and Platinums and Pilots after I started using Pelikans. Thus, I no longer have a "work" pen, as I am currently using white and brown tortoises for work - very flashy, very shiny. Getting the brown renaissance would mean I am still without a "work" pen. Stresemann, on the other hand, would be great for the office.

Something tells me I'll end up with both. 

#37 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,511 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 13:56

...snip...

Ah grasshopper, enlightenment comes when we remove conflict within ourselves.   :D

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#38 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 14:21

Hehe, that genuinely made me chuckle.

#39 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 15:45

That's quite alright, I have a feeling I'm subconsciously drawn towards enablers. Makes my decision making process much simpler, you see.

The problem is, I can't go back to my Lamys and Platinums and Pilots after I started using Pelikans. Thus, I no longer have a "work" pen, as I am currently using white and brown tortoises for work - very flashy, very shiny. Getting the brown renaissance would mean I am still without a "work" pen. Stresemann, on the other hand, would be great for the office.

That is a perfectly logical solution to the problem...LOL. As long as the money doesn't make you wince, go for it. You could always look for a used Stresemann to save some cash, or maybe just cheap out and get an M205? They can be hard to find at times, but I loved mine...

#40 ca49reber

ca49reber

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 16:57

And which pen would that be?

A MB Mozart w/xf nib, not black. I still have no black fountain pens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m800, pelikan, renaissance brown, cost

Sponsored Content

|