The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

M 800 Renaissance Brown

m800 pelikan renaissance brown cost

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#301 GAtkins

GAtkins

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:47

attachicon.gifBeautiful birds.jpg

They certainly do multiply, celtic101.

Mine don't all fit in the display case so a modern M400 tortoise, 2 old style M200s and an old M100 live elsewhere.

I don't have the M800 demonstrator version, but that's OK... can't have everything.

The Renaissance Brown and the pre-2005 Black M800 are the current users... the latter just repaired courtesy of Ron Zorn's priceless advice.

I wonder what the next releases are going to be in northern hemisphere autumn.

Glenn.

Stop it already!

Glenn

Sponsored Content

#302 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2017 - 17:37

Mine don't all fit in the display case so a modern M400 tortoise, 2 old style M200s and an old M100 live elsewhere.

I don't have the M800 demonstrator version, but that's OK... can't have everything.

The Renaissance Brown and the pre-2005 Black M800 are the current users... the latter just repaired courtesy of Ron Zorn's priceless advice.

Glenn.

Wow. Your collection is very nice. But that box steals the show in my opinion, LOL!! Gorgeous!

#303 bhbarto

bhbarto

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 15:43

Massdrop is trying to sell the M800 Renaissance Brown today for $449 shipped.  No affiliation ...

Pen(s) Currently in Rotation:

Edison Herald (Fine) - Waterman Blue-Black

Sheaffer Snorkel Desk Pen (Medium) - Cult Pens Deep Dark Brown

Lamy Al-Star (Extra Fine) - Lamy Black

#304 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2017 - 16:00

Glenn.

What's that box? It is absolutely gorgeous - for an absolutely gorgeous collection. 

#305 Bluejay1988

Bluejay1988

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2017 - 23:55

Oh my yes! What is that box?

#306 Eccles

Eccles

Growing old disgracefully.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2017 - 00:08

Oh my yes! What is that box?

Sorry for slow reply.  I can't provide any meaningful provenance on the display box, it was a gift last Christmas from friends in UK with no brands, tags, origin information, just the box as is.  Needless to say it was an immediate favourite.

I was tempted to ask for another one next Xmas but thought that would be a bit too cheeky.  But I can live in hope. After all, they want to come visit again.

Glenn.

#307 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2017 - 22:01

Glenn.

Like others, I would love to know where to get that box. Clearly, it is made by someone that understands FP. Probably the best box I've seen (most, if not all, of the boxes that have these dividers do not have the depression at the center to allow one to grab the pen comfortably).

You should ask your friends where they got it. Tell them that we want to give all our money to whoever makes them :D . It would also be a nice hint of what you want if they visit again... :lol:  

#308 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:33

Those were my thought exactly...those cutouts in the middle...they're genius and I have never seen them on any box ever.

#309 Eccles

Eccles

Growing old disgracefully.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:50

Sorry guys, the box came from a shop in Morpeth, Northumberland, UK, now closed, that was clearing its stock last year.

I can't even get another for myself. Sob!!

Such is life!

Glenn.

#310 Florenze

Florenze

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2017 - 14:56

Massdrop is trying to sell the M800 Renaissance Brown today for $449 shipped.  No affiliation ...

Just FYI, I was able to order yesterday from Appelboom-- so that's an option as well.  But this morning heard they don't have the Fine nib in stock, so there's a wait till next week for delivery.  This is actually going to be my first Pelikan! 

#311 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2017 - 21:20

Just FYI, I was able to order yesterday from Appelboom-- so that's an option as well.  But this morning heard they don't have the Fine nib in stock, so there's a wait till next week for delivery.  This is actually going to be my first Pelikan!

Congrats on your first bird! And a lovely one to start!
Just be careful, those things reproduce fast... and they seem to eat money, because they tend to leave your wallet empty :)

Enjoy your new pen.

#312 Florenze

Florenze

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:39

Congrats on your first bird! And a lovely one to start!
Just be careful, those things reproduce fast... and they seem to eat money, because they tend to leave your wallet empty :)

Enjoy your new pen.

Thanks very much!  I think I'm starting to understand how they can reproduce.....because I was just looking at the thread about taking the m805 Vibrant Blue to the beach.....

Appreciate the welcome!  Cheerio for now!

#313 biancitwo

biancitwo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:13

Thanks very much!  I think I'm starting to understand how they can reproduce.....because I was just looking at the thread about taking the m805 Vibrant Blue to the beach.....

Appreciate the welcome!  Cheerio for now!

Hope you receive half the enjoyment I've had from my Pelikans. If so, you will acquire many more, and have many years of enjoyment from them.

#314 Florenze

Florenze

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:27

Hope you receive half the enjoyment I've had from my Pelikans. If so, you will acquire many more, and have many years of enjoyment from them.

What a lovely welcome, thank you so much!  Look forward to meeting the M800.   I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  B)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m800, pelikan, renaissance brown, cost

Sponsored Content

|