• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirgilbert357

• Erik Dalton

• BillH

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully the finish of the cap matches with the barrel.

Yes, this is my main concern. I honestly don't think it will be a huge deal though. We shall see.

You should be ok. I bought two, one for me and one for my nephew's graduation. They are identical. I could switch caps and not notice any difference.

Good news! I'm sure everything will be fine.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Well the cap came yesterday and I'm pleased to say it matches my pen perfectly...and there's no weird damage to it anywhere that I can see. Now to send this cap back to Appelboom and figure out how I will be reimbursed.

Yesssss! So glad to hear it all worked out.

It's a big relief to me that's for sure. Very pleased with Appelboom during all of this. I think most of the delay was due to Pelikan shipping the cap out and not telling Appelboom it was on the way (from what I can gather anyway). Anyway, I sent the original cap back to Appelboom today and will be waiting to receive notification from Appelboom that they got it safely. If that all goes well, I will consider this whole thing a closed case!

I plan to buy my next Pelikan from Appelboom too since this situation was handled with minimal fuss.

Well the cap came yesterday and I'm pleased to say it matches my pen perfectly...and there's no weird damage to it anywhere that I can see. Now to send this cap back to Appelboom and figure out how I will be reimbursed.

That is great news. I'm very happy that things were resolved to your satisfaction and that you can finally enjoy your RB completely.

That is great news. I'm very happy that things were resolved to your satisfaction and that you can finally enjoy your RB completely.

Thanks Lam1.

Thank you for letting us know how the situation unraveled, I am also happy you had it resolved in a positive manner.

Well, I woke up this morning to an email from Appelboom. He thanked me for sending the cap back and said he has refunded the shipping costs I incurred to send it back! I actually never asked for this, deciding I was happy enough as it was, but I had attached the receipt to show the ship method and customs tracking number and he took it upon himself to refund me. Excellent service indeed!

Thank you for letting us know how the situation unraveled, I am also happy you had it resolved in a positive manner.

No problem, sorry it turned into a sort of thread jack, lol. I just wanted to see it through to the end...I guess everyone has received their pen by now and are tucked away writing with them, so the number of "I got my pen!!" responses has dropped off, LOL.

This was the first time I was truly tempted by an m800. I was within instants of purchasing one. It is an amazing finish. I talked myself out of it when I realized that it would be the most expensive pen I have ever bought...by several hundred dollars. I just couldn't do it.

It's certainly attractive, though.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

This was the first time I was truly tempted by an m800. I was within instants of purchasing one. It is an amazing finish. I talked myself out of it when I realized that it would be the most expensive pen I have ever bought...by several hundred dollars. I just couldn't do it.

It's certainly attractive, though.

Wha...huh? I only paid 350 USD shipped for mine. If it were your most expensive pen by several hundred dollars, then you'd have only pens that range from 50 bucks on down?? Your profile lists a Lamy 2000 (street price 150 or so) and a Pilot Custom 823 (more than 50 bucks, I'm sure). I think you should reconsider because surely they are priced cheaper than you think??

Wha...huh? I only paid 350 USD shipped for mine. If it were your most expensive pen by several hundred dollars, then you'd have only pens that range from 50 bucks on down?? Your profile lists a Lamy 2000 (street price 150 or so) and a Pilot Custom 823 (more than 50 bucks, I'm sure). I think you should reconsider because surely they are priced cheaper than you think??

Where did you find a M800 Renaissance for $350? That bests most prices I've seen by $100 (and even more for US retailers).

Ex

Where did you find a M800 Renaissance for $350? That bests most prices I've seen by $100 (and even more for US retailers).

Exactly! The best price I found was almost $500. $350 would still be my most expensive pen, but close enough to fit in that gray area.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Fritz schimpf has it for roughly 350$ after you deduct VAT which non europeans don't pay.

He must have increased his price; it's now listed at 480€ which works out to about 395€ without VAT, or $450. Still a good price and one of the best offers I've seen.

Just received mine yesterday after a long delay at custom due to Eid ul-Fitri holiday here. LCdC boxed it well and the pen is nestled in a nice gift wrapped box plus ribbon.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_6092_zpsb0qb9sl3.jpg

With its contemporaries:- Grand Palace & Brown Tortoise.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_6093_zps3bvyqqcv.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_6094_zps9rwbbnle.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_6095_zpsswwqlw4b.jpg