M 800 Renaissance Brown

jungkind

Just received my LCdC shipping number :)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirgilbert357

• Erik Dalton

• BillH

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Netherlands, UK, Germany, and some parts of Asia seem to already have the pens in stock. Italy is lagging behind.

Waiting for mine as well. And still waiting..

Me too, darn it!

Glenn.

Thank you for all the pictures guys, I'm one of those financially responsible ones and waited for them before pulling the trigger. I decided against buying a Renaissance Brown, as I don't like it as much as I thought I would. It's still a beautiful pen and I'm sure many of you will love it, but it just didn't pull me as much as I thought it would.

Since I basically saved 399€ on the Renaissance Brown, I ordered an M805 Stresseman for 395€ today. What savings!

Edited by invisuu

Email today says mine is on its way at long last.

NL post quote 6-11 days transit time... a whole week or more... sob! :puddle:

Glenn.

I had thought mine was to arrive tomorrow--so said UPS--but now I get a notice that the delivery will be Monday, June 5, in the afternoon. Ahhh--the suspense!!!!!!

My M800 RB & M805 Anthracite Stresemann arrived today. They’re my first Pelikans & for that matter, my first purchased fountain pen ever. The last FP I used was over 30 years ago, a Sheaffer with 18k Gold nib, that my Grandpa had gifted me.

Anyways, I must say I’m a little disappointed! The pen does not have rich brown shades as in the picture. It is duller version of brown & has more silvery-brown shiny speckles here & there. For that matter I like the M805 Stresemann, which I intend to gift my nephew, is way better than the RB.

I just received word this morning that mine had shipped from LCdC. I had requested that they hold shipping as I was out of town so sent notice that I had returned and they shipped promptly.

Regards

Jeff

Mine arrived today from Missing_pen! Already had a chance to fill it and sign my name a bunch of times on supervises' log sheets. Very nice.

Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

I'm still waiting for one from LCdC. The pen with B nib has not reached them yet.

I received mine yesterday!!!!! I must say that this is a color that would be exceedingly difficult to capture accurately in a photo (and this is not meant as a criticism of anyone's photos in this thread!). But the pen's color in person is notably different than anything I've seen in any photos and that includes the official photos from Pelikan. I do love the pen and its color, but I was surprised by the differences from previous photos of the pen.

I received mine yesterday!!!!! I must say that this is a color that would be exceedingly difficult to capture accurately in a photo (and this is not meant as a criticism of anyone's photos in this thread!). But the pen's color in person is notably different than anything I've seen in any photos and that includes the official photos from Pelikan. I do love the pen and its color, but I was surprised by the differences from previous photos of the pen.

I think marketing photos are too far removed from the way a product actually looks in real life. I agree with hitsofmisses that the lighter browns don't seem as obvious in real life...nevertheless, they are there if you are looking at the pen in sunlight, lol. Anyway, I love it despite the misrepresentation and it seems to have a more seductive, elusive color scheme than I originally thought.

Sadly, mine has a few defects on the cap -- just below the clip ring. Its not noticeable during normal use, but under close examination, you can see where the acrylic material of the cap almost looks crumbled instead of cut straight and clean. Its weird...and its the only place I see this defect, but its definitely there.

Reading about the cap on your pen will definitely send me back to my pen to look very closely in the sunlight tomorrow. I do love the subtlety of color in this pen, but i still remain a bit shocked at what photos of it don't capture.

Here's a few pics that I captured through my loupe. There is also a tiny crack coming off one of the "chips", but I couldn't get a pic of it. The glare I am using to illuminate the chips washed out the crack. Here's hoping it is stable and doesn't grow. I hadn't planned on returning this to Appelboom for warranty service, but maybe I should. What do you guys think? I count at least 5 chips, plus two more I didn't get pics of...not to mention the crack coming from one of the chips. This is the only place on the pen that appears to be affected. And yeah, I noticed this with the naked eye.

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k446/sirgilbert357/IMG_4541.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k446/sirgilbert357/IMG_4542.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k446/sirgilbert357/IMG_4549.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k446/sirgilbert357/IMG_4534.jpg

Edited by sirgilbert357

That would bother me more and more over time--so, as much as I hate to have to return items (especially when you waited so long for the pen in the first place), I'd return the pen and have them either replace it with another or repair it. And we don't really know if this defect will over time crack further! I'd return it.

That would bother me more and more over time--so, as much as I hate to have to return items (especially when you waited so long for the pen in the first place), I'd return the pen and have them either replace it with another or repair it. And we don't really know if this defect will over time crack further! I'd return it.

I've emailed Appelboom the pics and asked what the options are. I've already inked it, so I can't do a straight up return. I will report back here and let you guys know how it goes. I've been very pleased with Appelboom so far, so I expect a good result -- at least as much as it is in their power to do so.

Judging from the photos, it looks like a crack & chips. I think the seller should accept return if you decide to do so. Now, I'm nervously waiting for the arrival of my pen which seems to be indefinite.

I've emailed Appelboom the pics and asked what the options are. I've already inked it, so I can't do a straight up return. I will report back here and let you guys know how it goes. I've been very pleased with Appelboom so far, so I expect a good result -- at least as much as it is in their power to do so.

I'm so sorry that your pens was defective.

You should return it. Period. The fact that you inked it should make no difference: you paid (dearly) for a new pen, not a refurb. The alternative to get an new pen would be to get a new cap, but this would likely lead to an unsatisfying result in this kind of material.

It is sad that such a pen was able to leave the factory unnoticed!

I hope that this gets sorted out to your satisfaction.