The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

M 800 Renaissance Brown

m800 pelikan renaissance brown cost

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#1 jungkind

jungkind

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 13:16

The day before yesterday news broke about a new M800 Release, the Renaissance Brown. The Pelikanperch has a interesting article about the new release and is quoting some sources. Just wanted to add that The Couronne du Comte has an interesting offer until April 12 using KINGPELIKAN. For us outside of Europe (no VAT) it boils down to EURO 335.- (or around 360.- USD) shipping included.

No affiliation

Sponsored Content

#2 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 13:44

Thank you very much, that is very helpful  ;)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#3 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,198 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 13:46

Can't wait to see one in person!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#4 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 14:18

That's about as good a deal as you'll find anywhere for this pen and from a very reputable vendor. Thanks for sharing! The only caveat to US buyers is the lack of domestic warranty support. If warranty repairs would be required, you'd have to go through the overseas vendor. I don't see this as a big downside since the pens are generally reliable and the cost savings significant.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#5 mrjustice

mrjustice

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 15:17

Awesome-this website is costing me a lot of money ;)  I took advantage of this info.

Michael

#6 BayesianPrior

BayesianPrior

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 16:39

Posted in error.  Please disregard.

Edited by BayesianPrior, 09 April 2017 - 20:19.

bayesianprior.png

#7 Lam1

Lam1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,416 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 17:59

I bought one from LCdC at the day it was announced too. Hard to pass on their price.

But I didn't use the above code, just the regular code that always gives us 10%.

I was planning to buy this year's releases from UK to get a BB nib. Sadly, no BB nibs being offered for this one (and the price increase in UK for this one was tough to swallow).

#8 Old Salt

Old Salt

Old Salt

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 18:45

The day before yesterday news broke about a new M800 Release, the Renaissance Brown. The Pelikanperch has a interesting article about the new release and is quoting some sources. Just wanted to add that The Couronne du Comte has an interesting offer until April 12 using KINGPELIKAN. For us outside of Europe (no VAT) it boils down to EURO 335.- (or around 360.- USD) shipping included.

No affiliation

Thanks so much. Just ordered one. The price with discount comes out to: 334.71 euros = 354.71usd
Even with currency conversion fees, A good deal I think.

#9 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,388 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 19:39

Too bad it's an 800, it's a very pretty pen....I find the Large 800 to be a clunky pen...even the W.Germany one.

I 'need' something like that in a 600....I've got vintage '50's nibs that would fit it.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#10 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,609 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 20:28

I really like the look of the pen, but really can't justify an M800. Now if they find they have enough extra material and produce an M400, then I'll find it very difficult to not acquire one. I'm sure those that have ordered the M800 will enjoy it.

#11 EclecticCollector

EclecticCollector

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 21:25

I was planning to buy this year's releases from UK to get a BB nib. Sadly, no BB nibs being offered for this one.

I believe Pelikan has discontinued the BB option in general, at least for the M800.

#12 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 21:48

I also wish this had been offered as an M600, but couldn't resist LCdC's offer. I'll probably have the nib reground to an oblique, or use one of my older M800 nibs on it.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#13 Lam1

Lam1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,416 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 22:35

I believe Pelikan has discontinued the BB option in general, at least for the M800.

You are correct, and for all models  :gaah: . Worse, they discontinued the obliques... and this, I am sure, is causing them to lose some business to "that other German manufacturer" :( . 

But several vendors in UK had a BB for a while last year, and I was hoping they would continue to offer them (I think I heard somewhere that they had a special batch made for them). But, apparently, once that batch was gone no more were ordered.

#14 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,638 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 23:30

For what it's worth, Appelboom has a similar price after using the code FRIEND, at least for US folks.

#15 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:50

It's a pleasant-looking pen, sure enough, bu I reckon my M620 San Francisco will be enough in that sort-of colour.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

#16 Eccles

Eccles

Growing old disgracefully.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:07

I must stop reading these tempting posts.... they cost me too much $$.

Appelboom recognises an Australian IP address and quotes a price including GST... sob!

Niche Pens & Fonteplumo are lower, but unusually, not the best.

I could not better The Couronne du Comte discount code price, so thank you Jungkind. I think. 

Glenn.

#17 GuttSchrift

GuttSchrift

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 13:06

This looks fantastic, but I might hold on to see what else Pelikan has in mind for later this year. 

#18 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,429 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 14:36

This looks fantastic, but I might hold on to see what else Pelikan has in mind for later this year. 

Holding out for that M805 Vantablack with the 24K Unobtainium OBB nib, eh?   :puddle:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#19 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 21:55

Do the special editions go pretty fast? I'm thinking about holding out for something else too, but I'd hate to miss out on this and regret it. This is going to be made in higher numbers than the "limited" editions, right?

#20 jkingrph

jkingrph

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 970 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 22:34

I just ordered one with matching ballpoint.  LCdC came in about $100 less than Applebloom , using both companies discounts.   Applebloom's checkout added some charge, the code for which I did not recognize, of about $125.

The colors and pattern reminds me of some of the older Conway Stewart pens

Edited by jkingrph, 10 April 2017 - 22:53.

Regards

Jeff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m800, pelikan, renaissance brown, cost

Sponsored Content

|