Trying To Finish Up Collection Of Visumasters

mikedealer

6 months ago, i sold off all my normal j esterbrooks in a huff cause was tired of them haha. nibs never performed how i liked them to, and was glad to get what i sold them for.

Fast forward 6 months, i now am starting to slowly collect them again, bought a bunch of rarer ones though random sales and luck recently, here's 3 of them, looking for a red and copper version if anyone wants to part with one, serious sale or perhaps partial trade

just bought a lot of 10x 3 rib transitionals also i should have shortly, so slowly rebuilding collection. Found some really nice burnham nibs i love that fit in the esterbrook transitionals im getting, with nice flex, so my passion in esterbrooks has been revitalized again for now haha. Just hoping to find a red/copper visumaster sometime this decade now.

post-126649-0-68146700-1491711946_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikedealer

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hobiwan

• mikedealer

• estie1948

• FarmBoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You realize there are 18 possible Visumaster pens...

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

It is not mission impossible, but is something close to that, I fear if you truly intend to collect all of them. Don't give up hope, but be sure to cover all your bases. You are living right, making donations to the needy, helping little old ladies with their groceries, being kind to animals, and sending me all of your duplicate Esterbrook fountain pens.

Okay, may be that last one won't really help. I wish you the best of luck and hope for your great success.

-David (Estie).

Edited by estie1948

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Excellent. I'll be on the lookout. I'm also trying to complete a set of VMs, and I need the following VM Model 3s (the ones with no visulation and the regular section):

post-242-0-81486300-1491810124_thumb.jpg

I can trade straight up for a copper one, buy, or other options. I'm desperate and will consider any proposition. A few more years and these will go off my wish list and onto a Bucket List :closedeyes:

Edited by Hobiwan

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

.... Just hoping to find a red/copper visumaster sometime this decade now.

You'll also need a black one (yep they made one).

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

What is the particular attraction of the visumasters? They look like the transitionals.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

The plastic. It's gorgeous. Much prettier than the usual Esterbrook material, nice though that is. I put a green one I have up on the website on Friday and had it back down within an hour. Too pretty to let go, and this one has and amazingly sweet 9669 frosted banner (flat feed) nib in it. I'd like a red one, but I've never come across one in any color the wild.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

The plastic. It's gorgeous. Much prettier than the usual Esterbrook material, nice though that is. I put a green one I have up on the website on Friday and had it back down within an hour. Too pretty to let go, and this one has and amazingly sweet 9669 frosted banner (flat feed) nib in it. I'd like a red one, but I've never come across one in any color the wild.

Man, you sure got that right. The plastic is beautiful. Very attractive. When I knew I was going to want these, I found something to be interested in.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

There was a blue one at the Ohio Pen Show at the auction, so I at least got to look at it and hold it. I need to save my pennies....LOTS of pennies....

It's on my short list, probably even moreso than the $1.50 pens with the cracked ice finish.

6 Colors X 3 Versions = 18 Pens

But I forgot the pencils...

Black is the hardest to find.

Red and blue are a close race for the nicest color.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

How hard is black to find in the VM3 model?

Best Regards
Paul

– Albert Einstein

Red, but all are beautiful;.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

How hard is black to find in the VM3 model?

trick question...

trick question...

Also needing a black icicle to finish out that color set.

Best Regards
Paul

– Albert Einstein

Ive managed to locate and acquire all three remaining pens i needed, red, copper and yes a black. For of them are version 2, Two oft them will be version 1, so will be mixture but ill be perfectly happy.
All in great shape, very excited to be getting them soon, will post some update pictures in near future.

That was FAST! Congratulations. :thumbup:

Best Regards
Paul

– Albert Einstein

Congratulations, mikedealer! That is fantastic!

-David (Estie).

Edited by estie1948

Now, Paul, Farmboy, Pajaro, Gary, Ron, and everyone else, help me. Don't all the visumasters have a metal top holding the clip on? Do some have regular jewels on the top of the cap? Did I just let my fifteen-year-old, break or lose everything, grandson have a green visumaster?

-David (Estie).

I just pulled out my copy of Paul's book and saw the beauty of those colors; I hadn't noticed that in my earlier reading. And I see that the photo Paul posted above are the two he has in the book, so I guess they are hard to find.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost