The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Sailor 1911 S Ink In Section

sailor cleaning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jengelkirk

jengelkirk

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2017 - 16:49

Hi!  I recently purchased a Sailor 1911 S Demonstrator and somehow I have gotten ink in between the metal part of the section and the plastic part of the section (probably when I was filling it.  Here is a photo of what I'm referring to.  Does anyone know how to get the ink out from between the two parts.  I have removed the nib and feed but don't see how to get to where the ink is.  Thanks!

IMG_3509.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 tinta

tinta

Zoë-kutya

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2017 - 18:59

First of all, :W2FPN:

Congratulations on your Sailor demo.  This is a common problem with Sailor's demonstrators.  I have read a number of FPN threads dealing with your particular problem.

-Get onto the FPN  Forum that deals with Japanese pens & pose your question there. 

-If you can use the Google search function which is found on the top right of FPN's main page, it will list all these threads.  There are ways to minimize the stain under your grip/section.

-Do not try to disassemble your Sailor section itself. :excl:  

It is not a simple operation & you can cause more problems than just having a blue stain under the grip. When you said that you've removed the "nib & feed", I hope you didn't mean pulling the nib & the feed right out from the complete grip/section (as your photo). 

Staining may also reappear in this area as you keep using your pen, so do not take it apart.

I have five pens in the 1911 Standard series, but have shied away from the demo pens because of problems like the above.  The demo pens are "Kool" to look at,  but they are also high maintenance pens,  if you want them to look pristine.

Good luck.  :)

tinta

Edited by tinta, 08 April 2017 - 19:48.

Sailor 1911 Standards (14c nibs): *Black/gold, 0.8 mm. stub *Burgundy/gold, 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI & 1.1 mm. CI, *Sailor Profit Standards: Brown & Red Marbled Mozaiques,(machined acrylic/rhodium),1.0 mm.CI & 0.8 mm. stub *Kaweco SPECIAL fp 14c."M" "B",(0.5- mm & 0.8 mm BLS) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput 14c 0.6- stub (BLS) *Montblanc 254, 14c "BB" flügelfeder factory stub

#3 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,966 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2017 - 19:08

Remember that it doing what it is meant to do so all is as it should be.  Demonstrators are meant to demonstrate all the places ink gets and it is doing jess fine.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, cleaning

Sponsored Content

|