A Big Batch Of Free Inks, Round 2

THIS INK IS NOW SPOKEN FOR

Hello FPN,

A little over a week ago, member tknechtel received a box of ink bottles from his cousin. He took a few that he liked, added some of his own and then offered the rest up to the FPN community and I was lucky enough to ask for it first (Thanks, Tom!). That exchange all took place here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/320984-a-big-batch-of-free-inks/

Following Tom's lead, I went through the box, took a few bottles I liked, added a few of my own and I'm ready to pass it on to the next person. I would like to see the next person do the same and see how many people we can spread the ink wealth to, but I am not insisting that they do so. Someone is going to get this ink and, when they do, that ink is theirs to do with as they please. If they choose to share it, that would be great. If they choose not to, that is their choice.

What the box contains: 12 bottles of ink.

11 bottles of fountain pen ink from Montblanc, Sheaffer, Private Reserve, Parker, Delta & Noodlers. Mostly blues and blacks. All bottles are between mostly full and completely full.

1 half-full bottle of Stabilo/Schwan blue India ink. Please note that India ink is suitable for dip pens only and should not be used in fountain pens - it could damage them.

The fun part:

When Tom shipped the ink to me, the postal service used the box as a football and two of the bottles broke. As a result, some of the labels are stained, damaged or completely gone. It might take a little bit of detective work to identify some of the mystery ink.

The rules:

There aren't many. The ink goes to the first person to ask for it here on this thread. Please to not PM me for the ink. Instead, post here in the thread. The next post to show up here gets the ink. I will pay shipping as Tom did for me. That's it. Simple!

So, who wants some ink?

Edited by Pentode

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pentode

• mitto

• Scorpio731

• ColdDeadHand

Could you list down what bottles there are? So everyone who is missing out (like me) knows..what they're missing out on. :lol:

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Could you list down what bottles there are? So everyone who is missing out (like me) knows..what they're missing out on. :lol:

If dragorsi is okay with me ruining the surprise I'll be happy to try to list the bottles from memory ( the box is already packed back up), but I'll only do so with dragorsi's blessing.

Speaking strictly for myself, I rather enjoyed the surprise.

Edited by Pentode

Congratulations Dragorsi!

Pentode, kudos to you for the open pif. Giving the change for a person outside the US, if willing to pay for shipping, is rare enough. Thank you.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Congratulations Dragorsi and that was a very generous offer you made Pentode. :)

It's a shame that some were originally damaged en route to you. :(

Congrats Dargosi and thumbup to Pentode for the generosity. Hope the bottles reach at Dargosi's doos steps safely.

Khan M. Ilyas

I considered offering to CONUS only, but then I thought about how many members here are outside the US and it just didn't seem fair.

I'll admit the shipping ended up being more expensive than I expected, but hey... a deal is a deal and I gave my word and I've certainly spent more money on less worthwhile things!

As far as the broken bottles go, I have no complaint. Of the two that broke, one was a repeat of a bottle that survived, so I still got to try that ink, and the other was a color I happened to already own. It was about the best-case scenario as far as breakage goes.

According to the US Postal Service, the ink should be arriving in Hungary sometime around today. I don't always believe everything the USPS tells me, though, and Dragorsi has informed me that the post office in her area is understaffed and overworked so I'm hoping that she will be enjoying her new stash of ink within the next few days.

• 1 month later...

The Brother/Sisterhood of the Traveling Ink Pot.

I like it.

I can stop any time.

-Me

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I would like to get in line to participate if possible. Great idea.

Edited by Scorpio731