My Interview With Neil Degrasse Tyson

figboot

I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Neil deGrasse Tyson for an extended interview. We discussed his work, his upcoming book...and his passion for fountain pens. He shared with me a number of pens from his collection and talked about his tastes and preferences when it comes to fountain pens.

The interview can be found on my YouTube Channel, Figboot on Pens. Here's a link:

I also have a copy of his latest book to give away, so make sure to enter the drawing.

I'll keep any eye on this thread and answer any questions anyone has about this interview.

I hope everyone enjoys it...it was a lot of fun to coordinate and put together.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• figboot

• inkstainedruth

• oregano

• 23Larsen

Thank you for the interview!

(not an entry for the book draw, as a supporter of Neil deGrasse Tyson's work, and printed books, I will be buying one)

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Thank you for the interview!

(not an entry for the book draw, as a supporter of Neil deGrasse Tyson's work, and printed books, I will be buying one)

Thanks for watching!

Thanks for posting (no pun intended) this most interesting interview!

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

Thank you so much for this, David! I am a total NdGT fan girl. Even if you hate science, watch for the pens! Still watching, but had to pause and express my thanks.

Can't wait to watch this when I can get some peace and quiet! (I have a six year old daughter, so I guess that means I'll get to watch it in around 20 years).

I love his lectures and unfortunately missed out on going to see one live recently :(

Was worried at the start, for while I do watch your channel, I was not sure how well you would interview. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Neil is a serious fountain pen nutter - I can imagine his lectures being highly entertaining. From a UK perspective I wonder if Brian Cox could be in to fountain pens ...

Thank you so much for this, David! I am a total NdGT fan girl. Even if you hate science, watch for the pens! Still watching, but had to pause and express my thanks.

Cool...I'm glad you like it. It was a lot of work...but a lot of fun to coordinate this a put everything together.

Was worried at the start, for while I do watch your channel, I was not sure how well you would interview. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Neil is a serious fountain pen nutter - I can imagine his lectures being highly entertaining. From a UK perspective I wonder if Brian Cox could be in to fountain pens ...

Not sure. I saw that when Theresa May signed the official Brexit doc that she was using a fountain pen. Do you have her phone number? :-)

Nice, go see him again and this time look at all his pens.

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)

Just finished watching this... What a great interview! You have to love NdGT's enthusiasm. Thanks so much for dreaming this up, and then doing such a great job of putting it all together.

Love your reviews and this one is definitely a highlight!

D

Great interview, I enjoyed hearing about his pens and passion for pens!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Pausing the interview to express delight in how NdGT geeks out on the fountain pens! Fantastic!

Now I feel I have much more in common with the brainiac than before. Hahaha!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

This was so much fun to watch, more than a fountain pen review. Thank you for touching on a couple topics, and his fountain pens of course :)

Wow, that was so cool.

Says he's not a crazy collector, then proceeds to pull out an amazing collection of pens :D

I´m guessing you guys were a little pressed for time? Seemed like he wanted to show all his pens but ran out of time. To bad because i would have loved to see the rest of his stuff.

He was way more into fountain pens than i expected, so nice to see the enthusiasm from him.

I have followed him for years as I am a huge space enthusiast... then I learned he is a huge wine guy and now a pen guy, too! Trifecta!! Thanks for posting the interview. I follow him on Twitter but that's all about space and science education. He's the kind of guy I'd love to just bump into somewhere and just talk.

Wow, that was so cool.

Says he's not a crazy collector, then proceeds to pull out an amazing collection of pens :D

I´m guessing you guys were a little pressed for time? Seemed like he wanted to show all his pens but ran out of time. To bad because i would have loved to see the rest of his stuff.

He was way more into fountain pens than i expected, so nice to see the enthusiasm from him.

We were running a bit long. I knew he had a meeting he was late for already. His assistant was pacing around outside the office and so I made an attempt at "just one more"...but he wanted to show more. So at that point I thought, okay...if you're late it's now on you, not me! :-)