The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

First Time Fp User As Of 4/4/17

introduction beginner

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 DaveT

DaveT

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2017 - 23:58

Justin, hello and welcome from Indiana!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Sponsored Content

#22 Arkamas

Arkamas

Ink-Stained Gold

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 00:49

Greetings and welcome! You seem to have found yourself the beginner classics. Good choices.

:W2FPN:

...The history, culture and sophistication; the rich, aesthetic beauty; the indulgent, ritualistic sensations of unscrewing the cap and filling from a bottle of ink; the ambient scratch of the ink-stained nib on fine paper; A noble instrument, descendant from a line of ever-refined tools, and the luster of writing,
with a charge from over several millennia of continuing the art of recording man's life.

#23 Zeeppo

Zeeppo

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:07

Welcome to the network. I hope you enjoy your pens.

#24 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:21

Your style is quite similar to mine.  A lot of extensive research and then diving real deep into it.

I did a similar thing.  I started with a Lamy Safari, the skipped then Pilot Metropolitan and Jinhao's and went straight to trying one of each brand all in one go.  I bought a Waterman Perspective, Parker Sonnet, Kaweco AC Sport Classic, and a Platinum #3776 with a 14k Music Nib.  That was my first batch and entertained me for a while, before I got into my second batch delving into other brands such as TWSBI, Sailor, and Pilot, with many different inks.  Not long after, I got into Pelikans and Montblancs, and now I am into vintage pens.  It sounds like a long journey, but all this probably happened within only half a year to a year... And I can totally see you heading there :P

Enjoy your new pens!  I just only recently ordered my first Jinhao, as I kind of skipped them, but am now very curious about doing nib grinding and customization, so Jinhao's cheap price and their cheap extra nibs allow me to test all this without too much of a worry.

Oh, and welcome to FPN!

Edited by asegier, 10 April 2017 - 03:21.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, beginner

Sponsored Content

|