The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Repairing Or Replacing The Nib Of A Waterman Expert Ii

waterman nib replacement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 9a3eedi

9a3eedi

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:00

Hi,

I have a Waterman Expert II that I have been using as my main pen in the past 4-5 years for work. It is a very nice and smooth pen out of the box.

One day I come and the nib was horribly bent. I'm not sure exactly how this happened.. perhaps I dropped it without noticing, but I think it's more likely that someone took it and bent it :/ 

I took it to repair it, but I got it back and while it works, it still feels very scratchy. I think at this point it's better if replace the nib entirely as it was really really badly bent.

Now the nib has some gold on it, I think. I haven't actually bought the pen (it was a gift) so I wouldn't know, but that looks like gold to me on the nib. So I can't just replace it with some random nib. I would much rather get a new official Waterman nib. How can I go about doing that? What are my options? Is nib replacement something that any average joe can do, or should it be left to the experts? Also, what sort of prices am I supposed to expect?

Also, since this pen is somewhat old (90s, I believe), can I still find nibs for it? Or do modern Waterman nibs work on this one?

The other issue I'm having is that the UAE doesn't have a Waterman service center, but there are distributors, so if I need to send the pen for replacing the nib I'd probably have to send it all the way to France.

As there isn't much of a fountain pen community here, I can't really ask anyone, so apologies if this is a giant newbie question.

Edited by 9a3eedi, 03 April 2017 - 10:06.

Sponsored Content

#2 Dutchpen

Dutchpen

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 21:09

Pm send
Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

#3 Old Salt

Old Salt

Old Salt

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:44

Dutch pen, why don't you enlighten the rest of us if you have the answer?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, nib, replacement

Sponsored Content

|