Pif: Rotring Core - Titanium Colour - Xl Nib

Would like to offer this Rotring Core FP as a PIF to the good people on here. I've had it a good few years and maybe only ever written a page or two with it - think I may have only put one cartridge of ink through it.

I'll rinse it out before I send it - I dont have any cartridges to send with it as the ones that came with it were in blue but came out in various shades from navy to almost black so I didnt trust them and threw them away !

Pen is in very good condition with no scratches or marks, Titanium colour scheme with grey grip and cap.

Nib is XL but it seems to write very like the thickness of my Cross Townsend Medium gold nib.

I will cover costs to a member in Ireland, outside of Ireland I'd ask the recipient cover postage costs.

Tell me a reason why you should get it and best one (in two sentences) gets it.

Thanks.

Eric,

post-135163-0-99990300-1491213139_thumb.jpg

post-135163-0-58140800-1491213149_thumb.jpg

post-135163-0-63173300-1491213156_thumb.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bayindirh

• Epr969

• Mishka5050

• Nightly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should receive this pen because after experimenting with it myself, I will happily PIF yet again, and if I love it too much to part with it, I will pay forward a similar pen. :D

I should receive this pen because I will use it daily and take care of it well. I also have its rollerball sibling and will make a parted family meet again.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the long wait - work just crazy at the moment.

Thanks for your replies.

Fairest way is random number generator.............and winner is Number 3

Mishka5050

PM me your postal address and I'll get the pen rinsed out and posted to you.

Eric.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Mishka5050 hasnt responded so Bayindirh its yours if you want it - message me your address .

Eric.

Ok, Mishka5050 hasnt responded so Bayindirh its yours if you want it - message me your address .

Eric.

Thanks a lot! I'm really suprised to see the post notification today. I've just sent a message to you!

Regards,

Hakan

Eric,

Not sure how to message you directly. I met someone once who has a Rotring. I tried it and loved it. I would like to purchase one, but am unsure which one to try as I failed to make note of which pen he had. What Rotring would you recommend, please?

Bah, that's what happens when I go on holidays :)))))))))))))))

Enjoy - Bayindirh :happyberet:

I never expected that to happen, actually :)

Thanks a lot. Hope you get something similar or much better. :happyberet:

*bows with respect*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Soapwench,

I'm not sure I'm a Rotring expert. The pen I PIF'ed here was the Core model and while it is a nice pen and looks different I didnt really gel with it and used it very little - hence the PIF. I see lots of praise for Rotring 600 Fountain pens - maybe have a look at those.

I'm using a Italix Parson's Essential Fountain pen now with a Fine nib and I really like it - great value at about $50.

I also have a Cross Townsend Black Lacquer, another Cross slimmer model in black with XF nib, a Parker 25 with M/F nib and a few older Sheaffer cartridge pens with M and F nibs. I find I use the Italix the most !

Eric.

I have a core XL in the baby blue/silver.

Apart from feeling a little weirdly cheap and the ink cartridge removal system is a little gimmicky, I find the core to be one of the smoothest, nicest writing pens I own.

The clip is useless though and the cap is enormous.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I have a core XL in the baby blue/silver.

Apart from feeling a little weirdly cheap and the ink cartridge removal system is a little gimmicky, I find the core to be one of the smoothest, nicest writing pens I own.

The clip is useless though and the cap is enormous.

Under its quirky appearance, it's a wonderful and enjoyable pen. The pen I received from Eric (thanks again) is a very controlled broad. Mine's nib requires some writing to be polished, but it'll be very very smooth after some writing. It's started to give signs already.

The "write on" system requires a long (or two short) international cartridge to work. Unscrew it, it raises / detaches the cartridge. Screw again and seats the cartridge. This creates a little pump action to use the last drops of ink. When used with a long cartridge, the "Force Resource" indicator also works as intended. :)

I shouldn't receive this pen becuse I have too many to handle. But even then would like to say 'thank you for the kind gesture'.

Khan M. Ilyas