The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Connecticut Yankee Says "hi!"

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ravkesef

ravkesef

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2017 - 19:16

Hi Everybodym

Although I've been a registered member for a while, I'm really a new user, because I neglected to introduce myself, and although I frequently read various postings and thereby enhanced my knowledge, I didn't really log in, and post, largely because (and back to the beginning,) neglected to introduce myself.  So, here goes:

I'm a retired U.S. Naval Officer, and a retired Rabbi as well.  in two weeks (April 15, 1917,)  I'll celebrate my 75th birthday.  I married my doctor (she's a veterinarian,) and we have three grown sons, two in Denver, one in Boston, while my wife and I reside in Cheshire, Connecticut.  I have about one hundred fountain pens, although that number seems to be increasing at a somewhat regular rate.  I have my eyes on a sale at Fahrneys, where I can get a Visconti Michelangelo Blue and Gold something for about half price.  But I already have the Back to Black, so I'm wondering if I'd really be getting two of the same thing.  Amongst the pen in my collection are a Montblanc Meisterstueck, a Waterman Opera, several Pelikans from the M600, M400, several M200s, and an M120, several Lamy Safaris and Al-Stars, and various others including Stipula, a Snorkel, Pilots, etc.  I know absolutely nothing about repairs and mechanical issues, generally limiting myself to removing the cap from the pen.  I figure that if I can manage that, then I'm doing ok. I've also entered myself in the purchase group for the Ranga 4C.   Looked intereting, and I hope I'm doing the right thing.

Other hobbies include pipes, cooking and reading.

Anyway I'm really glad to be here, and I'll be posting now and then, hoping to benefit from what I perceive as the vast knowledge of the members of FPN,  And if, somewhere along the line, something I say is of benefit to anyone else, then I'll be content with that.

Eric

Sponsored Content

#2 Big_Kahuna

Big_Kahuna

Cries over spilled ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2017 - 19:49

Welcome aboard, shipmate!  Glad to have you here  :) .

#3 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2017 - 20:59

in two weeks (April 15, 1917,)  I'll celebrate my 75th birthday.

Classic case of time travel Hank.  And the town up ahead may not be Bridgeport.  Welcome home.  Pull up a stump and set a spell. 

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#4 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2017 - 22:31

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego. I'm glad you are here!

#5 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:30

Greetings and welcome to FPN.
Khan M. Ilyas

#6 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 16,954 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:43

Greetings from Pittsburgh!   :W2FPN: 

I went to University of Bridgeport for college (it was NOT "Moon U" back then!  :angry:), and one set of in-laws live in Newtown.

I really like my M200/M400 size Pelikans. My two most recent acquisitions are a couple of M405s (the Stresemann and one in Striated Blue).  And I have I think six Snorkels at this point (I'm a sucker for vintage pens, although I mostly have Parkers).  If you need repairs done on yours, I know a guy (actually, a couple of guys...  :thumbup:).

So, what ink(s) are you using?  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#7 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,317 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:51

Hello and Welcome to active posting on FPN!! Glad to have you join in!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#8 DaveT

DaveT

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:19

Hello and welcome from Indiana. Thank you for your service.

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

#9 Old Salt

Old Salt

Old Salt

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:25

Welcome to our group. Join into our discussions at any point. No prior knowledge required. We all learn from each other here.

#10 tbickiii

tbickiii

tbickiii

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:14

Hello and welcome from Baton Rouge, Louisiana...Enjoy your time here

Thomas
Baton Rouge, LA
(tbickiii)

Check out my ebay pen listings
:
  tbickiii's Vintage Fountain Pens

#11 Lexus77

Lexus77

I think I Peli-can!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:06

Welcome to our warm nook of the internet, where you can share this beautiful hobby with good and friendly people. Or as we say in low Saxon: Mooi a'j dr bint! (Good you're here.)

Forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde.

#12 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:08

Hello Eric and welcome to FPN.  :W2FPN:

#13 Henricum_Tropen

Henricum_Tropen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:39

Shalom!

Welcome to FPN.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

#14 Wahl

Wahl

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 18:48

:W2FPN:

#15 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 18:49

Welcome !  

Per the Visconti, you are allowed more than one of each.  At half price, I expect that a second one, though redundant, might be good "currency" for trade among fellow fountain pen lovers.

Soooooooooo, you and your wife are both "vets".   :lticaptd: (I bet it is the first time you have heard that one -  -  -  -  -  TODAY.)  

Glad you joined us.  Write with joy.  

Edited by Sasha Royale, 03 April 2017 - 18:49.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#16 ravkesef

ravkesef

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 April 2017 - 13:11

To Sasha,  Thanks for the quote from Faust.  Schon lange Jahren seitdem ich das gehoert habe

And for Ruth Morrison: I have a collection of too many inks, but among them are Iroshizuku in blues, black, brown and red, Pelikan in Blue,Brown and one Edelstein (Aventurine,) Some Private Stocks, Waterman, Parker Blue, And now all I need to do is write fast enough to keep all the inks nice and fresh.

Eric

#17 Arkamas

Arkamas

Ink-Stained Gold

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 19:18

Greetings and happy early 75th! And thank you for your service.

:W2FPN:

...The history, culture and sophistication; the rich, aesthetic beauty; the indulgent, ritualistic sensations of unscrewing the cap and filling from a bottle of ink; the ambient scratch of the ink-stained nib on fine paper; A noble instrument, descendant from a line of ever-refined tools, and the luster of writing,
with a charge from over several millennia of continuing the art of recording man's life.

#18 Beauport

Beauport

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2017 - 19:19

Greetings and a warm welcome !

Retired, twice. Time to do more things, writing being one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new member

Sponsored Content

|