• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• mauckcg

• FriendAmos

• ck360

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps a complimentary black Japanese ebonite section would ensure enough celluloid and avoid potential staining issues? Just an idea.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Perhaps a complimentary black Japanese ebonite section would ensure enough celluloid and avoid potential staining issues? Just an idea.

I was thinking something along those lines. Is there a difference between ebonites depending on where it is produced?

I was thinking something along those lines. Is there a difference between ebonites depending on where it is produced?

Quality and purity of the material. I have seen some lower costs pens in ebonite and they are gritty in look and maybe almost described as muddy. The texture is not as refined either.

You can get good ebonite from various sources, not just Japan. If you are not going to see the material until after you get the pen, just be specific to the maker about the quality you seek.

I have seen and owned expensive pens made with ebonite that was unimpressive to me so I think about it a bit more than I used to.

My Omas Ogiva Arco hasn't been uninked since I bought it four years ago.

Interesting. If I may ask: what do you plan to do with it? You could use it and still enjoy looking at it. To me, an uninked and unused pen is like a like a beautiful and sexy woman that one looks at and talks about and show off ... but never gets to ****. What a waste, I think!

Edited by FriendAmos

Interesting. If I may ask: what do you plan to do with it? You could use it and still enjoy looking at it. To me, an uninked and unused pen is like a like a beautiful and sexy woman that one looks at and talks about and show off ... but never gets to ****. What a waste, I think!

I would interpret "hasn't been uninked" to mean it has been constantly inked for 4 years. So your comments are off point. Edited by zaddick

I would interpret "hasn't been uninked" to mean it has been constantly inked foe 4 years. So your comments are off point.

I think he just misread.

Too many pens; too little writing.

I would interpret "hasn't been uninked" to mean it has been constantly inked foe 4 years. So your comments are off point.

You are a clever zad dick, aren't you. Glad we have you around. Have you been here foe years? I would interpret "foe" to mean ...

Off point: "show us you pen!"; I just tell you about mine.

IT'S HERE!

Very gorgeous celluloid with some nice veins of silver grey running through it. First time i will ever say this, maybe the last, that rod is larger than i expected.

I'm off to ink it up and get some pictures.

You are a clever zad dick, aren't you. Glad we have you around. Have you been here foe years? I would interpret "foe" to mean ...

Off point: "show us you pen!"; I just tell you about mine.

Yes, you caught a typo from my phone. Thanks for pointing it out. I am glad you can read some posts carefully. Otherwise it might have been difficult to decipher my meaning.

As far as mistyping my user name... so clever. Far more than me I suppose.

Enjoy your day.

• 2 weeks later...

The only Omas I have now, the Omas Paragon Ludovico Einaudi.

Medium nib.

My ultimate stealth pen :ninja:

post-78139-0-82211100-1451922676.jpg

Pens: Conid Kingsize ebonite (x2)
Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

Lovely pens posted today! Congratulations to both of you.

Some new style paragons

Quite lovely. What nib widths are you using?

• 3 months later...

Using this Burlwood Paragon today. Subtle celluloid compared to the Arco Browns, but oh so beautiful!

post-114614-0-65054200-1503348404_thumb.jpg