What Omas Are You Using Today? Show Us!

zaddick

There are lots of "show me" threads where people post photos of the pens they are using, but I have not recently seen one related to OMAS. I know they are out of business now, but the pens are still selling well on the used market so they are popular. Also, with 90 years of pen making, I am sure there are at least a few dozen still out there. :D

So, let's share what OMAS pens we happen to be using today. Pictures are preferred, with a writing sample if possible!

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• mauckcg

• FriendAmos

• ck360

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll kick things of as I just inked up an OMAS I recently bought. After selling my OMAS 360 Magnum recently, I decided I wanted another. I was lucky to find one with the rare OBB nib size.

fpn_1490914783__20170330_155235_resized.

fpn_1490914827__20170330_155249_resized.

This should carry me to the weekend.

I have an OMAS Cohiba RB with YG trim sitting on my pen tray in front of me at the moment... beautiful pen!

http://www.sybarites.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/RB-Cohiba-L.E.705.jpg

(Image from the web)

The ony one I have, Omas Paragon Old Style (557-F) - 1990

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/923/k6NP2J.jpg

Edit - to change size of the photo

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

I'm using my Club Member's pen. It's a paragon style with a factory italic nib.

Matias

ARq0rTvXCbVQzpYJDhIHxAiySd7thgeQNB3bnkjM

I sold off most of my Omas collection over the last year, but still have a dozen or so.

Today I am using one of Manu's new Arlecchinos (2017) made from old rod stock, with its 14K "Magic Flex" nib. I find this pen to be a super nice writer. The picture (Left to Right) shows an original Arlecchino, the super rare Paragon Arlecchino, and the Arlecchino 2017. But my most prized Omas, not inked today, is

http://www.fototime.com/%7BDA97AC25-723A-4158-9E70-C2901538F6CD%7D/origpict/A1.JPG

this Spina di Pesce set of fountain pen and roller ball. These are quite rare, with I believe only 50 sets ever made. There have been a number of "half Spinas" (Spina barrel, regular Arco cap) sold recently from parts left over at the Omas factory, and one is currently being sold by Manu on Ebay. These have been bringing high prices, but to me there is "nothing like the real thing baby"

http://www.fototime.com/%7B05EFC5FA-E130-4251-B6B3-D0127EC8C990%7D/origpict/O4.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7B538A3E38-4C56-4727-AEB6-B91F6BBE8D06%7D/origpict/O5.JPG

Colours on the Arlecchino 2017 are awfully dull compared with the original.

I have to agree - the orange in particular is a good bit less vibrant than the originals. And yet, I was told that these pens were made from old rod stock. I will have to ask clarification when I see Manu at the Chicago show.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/thegrynne/FountainPenNetwork/FullSizeRender%2026_zpswjdgrzfz.jpg

I am glad to see this thread blossoming a bit. It inspired me to ink up another Omas pen today - an 360 Lucens in HT trim with an F nib. The nib has a bit of spring as you can see fromt eh writign sample in my little throw away notebook (hence the feathering). It was also a good excuse to use some older MB Violet ink from the late 1980s early 1990s (not sure the exact year, but much before the existing Lavender color).

One of the things i really like about the pen is the fact I get two beautiful celluloids in one pen. There is the royal blue for the cap and piston cone and the lucens for the body. They only bummer is that is is not a demo pen and you only see a metal tube and not any ink sloshing about.

Odd number pens out of the 1000 are HT and even number pens are gold trim. I think Gold may be a better fit for the pen given the yellow tone to the barrel celluloid.

fpn_1491244594__20170403_105058_resized.

fpn_1491245013__20170403_105213_resized.

I have another OMAs coming in the mail this week. Everyone else please keep the photos coming! :thumbup:

I really never wear this. But the weather, being nice after what seems like forever, brought it out.

(the hands have little nibs as pointers!)

33665288142_8e26393530_n.jpg

And it goes well with one of my currently inked

(it's an accident - I'm not so fashion literate)

32978224324_c41c900afc_n.jpg

I am glad to see this thread blossoming a bit. It inspired me to ink up another Omas pen today - an 360 Lucens in HT trim with an F nib. The nib has a bit of spring as you can see fromt eh writign sample in my little throw away notebook (hence the feathering). It was also a good excuse to use some older MB Violet ink from the late 1980s early 1990s (not sure the exact year, but much before the existing Lavender color).

One of the things i really like about the pen is the fact I get two beautiful celluloids in one pen. There is the royal blue for the cap and piston cone and the lucens for the body. They only bummer is that is is not a demo pen and you only see a metal tube and not any ink sloshing about.

Odd number pens out of the 1000 are HT and even number pens are gold trim. I think Gold may be a better fit for the pen given the yellow tone to the barrel celluloid.

fpn_1491244594__20170403_105058_resized.

fpn_1491245013__20170403_105213_resized.

I have another OMAs coming in the mail this week. Everyone else please keep the photos coming! :thumbup:

I have the same pen - one of my favourites and an absolute delight. The nib is fantastic too - a very soft (borderline flexible) EF.

Too many pens; too little writing.

Waiting for a Paragon in the marbled grey celluloid to show up that i won on Ebay.

Do we get to see the 20 cm rod too? ;)