Closed - Ranga Model 4 And 4C - Group Buy - April 2017

mehandiratta

Mine arrived last wednesday. I must say, it was the first time I ever received a mummified package in the mail :)

It's a really nice pen, I intended to transplant the 1.1 stub of my Twsbi Vac 700 to this pen, and while it does fit, there are some flow issues. On closer inspection it appears I can make it work, but that'll render the nib impossible to use in the Vac 700, so I'll source another nib and use that in my Ranga. For now it's back on to the included Kanwrite F nib, which does its' job well, but has a bit more feedback than I like.

I think that once I get the nib sorted, this will be one of my favorite steel nib pens....

Here it is pictured with the Twsbi nib:

34736327842_ac7eafa9e2_c.jpg

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• delhirox

• Jamerelbe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pic Coop! Congratulations :)

Is this an eyedropper?

Is it easy enough to put TWSBI nibs on to those?

I have a TWSBI 580 AL

Ordered 2 Ranga EDs

Today l received the pen, I can not wait to use it to write, very good writing experience, this Chinese text means thank mpkandan handmade technology, beautiful ebonite pen, smooth nib, thanks mpkandan

post-135228-0-53873000-1495789391_thumb.jpg

Nice pic Coop! Congratulations :)

Is this an eyedropper?

Is it easy enough to put TWSBI nibs on to those?

I have a TWSBI 580 AL

Ordered 2 Ranga EDs

Yes, it is an eyedropper (with crazy big ink capacity). And yes, it is quite easy to put it in, but it'll take a little more work to get it to work properly (and after that, it may not work with the Twsbi anymore).

The nib of your 580AL is not going to fit. The 580 uses a #5 nib, the Ranga uses a #6 nib. But #6 nibs are pretty easy to find.

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

Yes, it is an eyedropper (with crazy big ink capacity). And yes, it is quite easy to put it in, but it'll take a little more work to get it to work properly (and after that, it may not work with the Twsbi anymore).

The nib of your 580AL is not going to fit. The 580 uses a #5 nib, the Ranga uses a #6 nib. But #6 nibs are pretty easy to find.

Thanks for sharing and also for the info on the 580 nib not fitting! I am still new into the whole FP world.

Just received the two pens I ordered in this group buy today. Fantastic pens! The quality of Ranga Pens can't be beat. Both are beautiful writers. I purchased the Demonstrator Pen with s broad JOWO nib and a black matte ebony with rounded ends fitted to take a Bock Nib. I purchased a Bock Titanium broad nib for it. Couldn't be happier with this purchase.

Thanks again to Vaibhav and Mr. MP Kandan for making these group buys possible.

Edited by mmg122

Just received the two pens I ordered in this group buy today. Fantastic pens! The quality of Ranga Pens can't be beat. Both are beautiful writers. I purchased the Demonstrator Pen with s broad JOWO nib and a black matte ebony with rounded ends fitted to take a Bock Nib. I purchased a Bock Titanium broad nib for it. Couldn't be happier with this purchase.

Thanks again to Vaibhav and Mr. MP Kandan for making these group buys possible.

Thanks a lot Sir. Kindly share pictures too :) :) :)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Today l received the pen, I can not wait to use it to write, very good writing experience, this Chinese text means thank mpkandan handmade technology, beautiful ebonite pen, smooth nib, thanks mpkandan

Thanks a lot Sir for your nice words and Pictures.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Mine arrived last wednesday. I must say, it was the first time I ever received a mummified package in the mail :)

It's a really nice pen, I intended to transplant the 1.1 stub of my Twsbi Vac 700 to this pen, and while it does fit, there are some flow issues. On closer inspection it appears I can make it work, but that'll render the nib impossible to use in the Vac 700, so I'll source another nib and use that in my Ranga. For now it's back on to the included Kanwrite F nib, which does its' job well, but has a bit more feedback than I like.

I think that once I get the nib sorted, this will be one of my favorite steel nib pens....

Here it is pictured with the Twsbi nib:

34736327842_ac7eafa9e2_c.jpg

Thanks a lot Sir for your good words and pictures. Hope this nib would be tuned to your liking.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Please consider this a request for ebonite #8s.

Thank you.

Kindly Stay tunes .It is coming in an interesting way :) :) :)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Love my Ranga 4.......

Many thanks to the people who made this possible!

post-129742-0-30625900-1495920348_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a treat of a pen. Quality and value galore to be sure. I can hardly add more laud than what's already been said here. And every bit of it is deserved. My Ranga 4c is the eye dropper version because I was curious about the Kanwrite flex nib, and wanted the ebonite feed. The color is supposed to be #17 "Rose Red - Mustard Yellow Ripple". It looks a bit more muted like olive or perhaps even golden khaki (depending on lighting) to me than the brighter yellow that was pictured and I was hoping for. I am sure M.P. will comment on and verify. Non the less, there is no way I am going to give up this pen, it's a keeper!

fpn_1495920958__ranga_4c_number17_-_copy

To be honest, I was expecting a finicky or nightmarish experience with my 1st ed pen. Oh, how wrong I was based on my last two days usage. I rinsed the barrel and bulb flushed the section in cool tap water. I brushed the section threads to clear any remaining gunk even though silicone was evident on them and put the TWSBI silicone to them judiciously. I then charged her with a scant 1.5 ml of Autumn Oak ink for a test go. In short, it has been all bliss. No leaking, burping, hard starts or scratchy nib adjustments. Thus, I went back to the pump and filled her up with a custom blend: 6 parts Diamine AO & 1 part Diamine Syrah, I now think I know how Terracotta came about. :yikes: It handily holds 3.5 ml of ink. It is a very smooth writer on various papers (sugar cane, Rhodia, Clairefontaine, Lamy). While the flex nib does flex some, I am not competent in getting the goody out of it. I see it as more of a wet medium nib for every day cursive type use.

I asked M. P. if my pen could be shortened some and it appears they have graciously done so. That decision might have impacted the posting ability of my 4c. It doesn't post deeply or well and I am quite okay with that. From front of section to barrel end it seems to be about perfect for me: A tad longer than Edison's Pearlette; A tad shorter than Edison's Collier; and about the same as Pelikan M200 and Franklin-Christoph 02 Intrinsic. Great hand feel and balance and is a delight to use. In fact I haven't been able to put it down.

Thank you again Mr. Pandurangan and Mr. Kandan for this beautiful, delightful writing instrument and supplemental goodies to boot.

Thank you Mr. Vaibhav for front running this group buy.

Blessings,

CrossFoot

Hi Mr. Vaibhav and Mr. MP Kandan,

Fantastic and kudos for this group buy and the options that were made available.

When is the next group buy?

Are there any new ebonites planned?

Also when the out of stock ebonites can be made available?

Can a piston filler model be made?

Thanking again.

form submitted for the flat top demonstrator with polished finials, cc version, M Jowo nib chorme.

I have the 4c in red/black ripple bakul and find the look is very nice, although my favourite bakul colour is olive ripple.

I have seen the green ripple in bakul and like that very much too, very nice is also black bakul, and red cheery (although may not be available in this run if I recall).

fellow FPNers will forgive me posting this before but it does show the two a/m bakuls well

attachicon.gifP1080649-2.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. The red Bakul looks very tempting and different.

Love my Ranga 4.......

Many thanks to the people who made this possible!

Thanks a lot FPrebel Sir for your nice picture , Nice words and Handwritten review.

Take care

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Wow, what a treat of a pen. Quality and value galore to be sure. I can hardly add more laud than what's already been said here. And every bit of it is deserved. My Ranga 4c is the eye dropper version because I was curious about the Kanwrite flex nib, and wanted the ebonite feed. The color is supposed to be #17 "Rose Red - Mustard Yellow Ripple". It looks a bit more muted like olive or perhaps even golden khaki (depending on lighting) to me than the brighter yellow that was pictured and I was hoping for. I am sure M.P. will comment on and verify. Non the less, there is no way I am going to give up this pen, it's a keeper!

fpn_1495920958__ranga_4c_number17_-_copy

To be honest, I was expecting a finicky or nightmarish experience with my 1st ed pen. Oh, how wrong I was based on my last two days usage. I rinsed the barrel and bulb flushed the section in cool tap water. I brushed the section threads to clear any remaining gunk even though silicone was evident on them and put the TWSBI silicone to them judiciously. I then charged her with a scant 1.5 ml of Autumn Oak ink for a test go. In short, it has been all bliss. No leaking, burping, hard starts or scratchy nib adjustments. Thus, I went back to the pump and filled her up with a custom blend: 6 parts Diamine AO & 1 part Diamine Syrah, I now think I know how Terracotta came about. :yikes: It handily holds 3.5 ml of ink. It is a very smooth writer on various papers (sugar cane, Rhodia, Clairefontaine, Lamy). While the flex nib does flex some, I am not competent in getting the goody out of it. I see it as more of a wet medium nib for every day cursive type use.

I asked M. P. if my pen could be shortened some and it appears they have graciously done so. That decision might have impacted the posting ability of my 4c. It doesn't post deeply or well and I am quite okay with that. From front of section to barrel end it seems to be about perfect for me: A tad longer than Edison's Pearlette; A tad shorter than Edison's Collier; and about the same as Pelikan M200 and Franklin-Christoph 02 Intrinsic. Great hand feel and balance and is a delight to use. In fact I haven't been able to put it down.

Thank you again Mr. Pandurangan and Mr. Kandan for this beautiful, delightful writing instrument and supplemental goodies to boot.

Thank you Mr. Vaibhav for front running this group buy.

Blessings,

CrossFoot

Thanks a lot Crossfoot Sir for your nice words and pictures. Glad that you like our pen very much.

The pen is polished to the full extent to the material. It is not impacted by its length.

We make sure the colours in the pictures are nearest close to the pens in reality.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Hi Mr. Vaibhav and Mr. MP Kandan,

Fantastic and kudos for this group buy and the options that were made available.

When is the next group buy?

Are there any new ebonites planned?

Also when the out of stock ebonites can be made available?

Can a piston filler model be made?

Thanking again.

Thanks a lot sir. Please stay tuned. We are launching the next group buy on today with more models and more colours (offcourse with few new colours)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All FPN'ers,

Thanks a lot for your overwhelming support to this Group Buy.

We have shipped all the orders except if there is any request for not to ship the pen before a certain date.

We will be launching the next group Buy , most probably on today .

Expecting your support as always.

Dear Mr. Vaibhav Sir,

Thanks a lot for your help in your busy schedule to enable this Model 4 & Model 4C group buy.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

The pen is polished to the full extent to the material.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Not quite on mine - the end of the cap is polished but the end of the barrel is not! But actually, I quite like that - it emphasises the hand-finished nature of the pen and shows the difference between the matt and polished finishes. Plus it's only noticeable once you go looking for it.

Overall the pen is delightful - will try to post pictures later. Many thanks to all involved.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)