• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sciumbasci

• AL01

• jar

• chromantic

The global catalogue still shows fountain pens and pencils. If it is of any help, Sheaffer recently modified their Facebook page (after a quite long time of inactivity): they have a new logo and a new company slogan.

Certainly looks like a total rebranding. It will be interesting to see what comes out of all of this. Pen and Art Supply Co.? That doesn't sound like a fine pen line to me.

I wish they'd get rid of that awful stylized white dot that Bic came up with. It has no class. I'm not talking about the white dot itself, just the red and black version of the white dot. Ugh.

Dave

The white dot has completely lost its original meaning: whereas before it meant premium quality, now they just slap it everywhere.

But who knows what lies ahead? I have faith in Cross

I don't expect anything appealing coming out of China.

I was surprised when I compared my Chinese made Prelude with one from FT Madison that the quality was certainly equal and the price an even better value than the originals.

they have a new logo and a new company slogan.

"Cashing in on our storied past"?

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Nice one.

"Cashing in on our storied past"?

The Sheaffer webpage should be available sooner or later. It's spring anyways. (Maybe not in Rhode Island though.)

Edited by AL01

• 2 weeks later...

I just talked to a Cross rep the other day, and she said that the webpage should be open by the end of May.

I guess these are still old stocks they got from Sheaffer. I remember I saw these ballpoints together with other Sheaffer fountain pens at Cross store and was told they were all "closeout" products which were no longer in production. I guess they probably just have a much larger old stocks of ballpoints than fountain pens so they decided to sell them online.

• 3 weeks later...

Meh It's an Award with a different finish.

The tail end being short and chromed like in the old Award means it won't post?

Pathetic. Sorry. This must be my favorite word to describe modern Sheaffer and Parker.

I'm going to withhold judgement. The re-appearance of the Award is a little befuddling, but the sense one gets from the re-trimming of it as POP! suggests there's going to be a bit of an effort to go after the youth market... somewhere. I don't hope for much in these oft-grim times we live in, but it may be that Cross is going to spring something on us a little better than "Watch us squeeze all the nostalgiac goodwill out of this brand" the way NR have been working over Parker and Waterman.

Maybe.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg