The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Eco And Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng

twsbi twsbi eco eco noodlers staining kung te-cheng

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:14

It's been a while, so I thought I'd bring this up again.

Has anyone dedicated a TWSBI ECO to KTC?? 

I've got one sitting in the drawer while I use the nib with other pens, so I'd gladly devote to the indigo beast if it will keep on writing well. 

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Sponsored Content

#22 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:50

I'm getting very mixed results after using KTC in my ECO for a day. 

First off, with the stock 1.1mm ECO stub the pen would only write with unreasonable pressure applied. Otherwise the ink would not travel to the end of the nib.

I got better results when I swapped in a FPR 5.5 medium nib. It writes very wet and shows off the ink well, but occasionally the ink won't make it down the nib again and I'll have to flick the pen slightly to resume flow. I think the ECO feed, at least on my pen, just has a really hard time maintaining ink flow with KTC. I was a little surprised by this because I know that the stub version of the ECO has a wetter feed than with the other nibs.

Has anyone else experienced this flow issue?

#23 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:50

After over a week of having KTC in my ECO I'm pleased to say that there was no staining! The little nooks and crannies right behind where the barrel joins the section had a slight purple hue, but I've found that most permanent inks leave some color there. KTC actually left less color there than previous inks. So have no fear about using KTC in your ECO. 😀

#24 Venemo

Venemo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:21

Just one thought here: if your Eco does get stained, do NOT attempt to clean it with either acetone or alcohol, or isopropyl. If you do, the barrel will develop tiny fractures and cracks.

#25 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,059 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2018 - 22:18

TruthPil, thank you!

Venemo, good reminder.

Also, if you do find staining, try a vintage Sheaffer ink or a modern Noodler's eel ink for easy stain removal.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, twsbi eco, eco, noodlers, staining, kung te-cheng

Sponsored Content

|