Vac 700R Or Vac Mini?

Driften

With the Vac 700r being released soon I am wondering if I should get that or the Vac Mini. I expect the nibs for the Vac Mini to be more like what I am used to with the ECO. The larger nib on the 700 from all reports would write a little wider. I expect getting a F or EF in the 700 would be fine, but the 1.1 stub might be too wide for my writing style. If I get the Mini I think I will order the 1.1 stub. I like it a lot on my ECO.

Other then line width. I wonder if one is more comfortable to write with then the other. The step down on the 700 seems to be bigger. The grip/section diameter is almost the same 10.0mm vs 10.1mm. I am not sure I would the difference.

I normally don't post my pens. I expect I could use the Vac Mini unposted and could always post if I had to. Its not that much shorter then my Pelikan M215. The 700r would be just fine unposted. I like the looks of the 700. It seems to have a nice gradual taper in the body from the section to the tail.

The size of the Vac Mini would be a better pocket fit of the two. But that would only matter for a shirt pocket.

I guess the biggest decider would be knowing how comfortable people think the two are in hand. I have medium size hands.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• Nightly

Top Posters In This Topic

I have small, female hands and find holding the Vac Mini unposted is not comfortable due to its short length. I always write it with it posted. The cap screws down, so its never loose.

I have small, female hands and find holding the Vac Mini unposted is not comfortable due to its short length. I always write it with it posted. The cap screws down, so its never loose.

It looks like it was just a tiny bit shorter then my Pelikan m200 with them both unposted. So I expected I might be able to use it that way. Not that posting it would be that big of a deal. Do you enjoy writing with your Vac Mini?

It looks like it was just a tiny bit shorter then my Pelikan m200 with them both unposted. So I expected I might be able to use it that way. Not that posting it would be that big of a deal. Do you enjoy writing with your Vac Mini?

I love my Mini Vac. I took it on a vacation for three reasons. Cap screws down, small size, and the huge amount of ink it can hold. It's never leaked. I did add some silicone when I first got it, and if I wash it I add more. The pen comes with a little bottle of it.

Have you written with the 580? I got a 580 first and it was too big and heavy so I sold it and bought the Mini Vac. To me, they write the same. I've just had a Prera delivered to me minutes ago, the Prera is 1/8" longer than the Mini Vac, if you happen to have one to compare. I can already tell I'll have to write with the Prera posted.

Have you written with the 580? I got a 580 first and it was too big and heavy so I sold it and bought the Mini Vac. To me, they write the same. I've just had a Prera delivered to me minutes ago, the Prera is 1/8" longer than the Mini Vac, if you happen to have one to compare. I can already tell I'll have to write with the Prera posted.

No, my only other TWSBI's are two ECO's. I like them but would like a little thicker section, as well as the section being removable for cleaning. All of the other models are along those lines.

From the pictures the Prera does seem like it needs to be posted. I have a Pilot 74/91/92 and each of those works fine unposted but they are longer pens then the Prera.

I will just assume I would have to post the Vac Mini if I go with that over the 700s which I would think would be a little heavier then the 580 you had.

Not sure if its a good decision or not, but I ordered a 700r with 1.1 stub last night. I am hoping they R version will work better then the one it replaced. I expect it would have been smarter to let them produce it for a few months first.

They must get up early at TWSBI because at 6:30am today they said they had the pen packed up with a tracking number ready for USPS.