The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Rare Parker Vacumatic Identification

parker vacumatic gold nib rare

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Burtini

Burtini

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2017 - 21:41

Hello all,

I purchased this Parker Vacumatic a while back at an estate sale but i don't know a lot about it. I was hoping you guys could help me out :)

From what I've found, this pen seems to be a debutante sized model and it looks to have a speedline filler under the blind cap.

The cap band on the pen is unlike any I could find on Richard Binders vacumatic page so I have a feeling it could be quite rare.

The inscription on the barrel is quite worn and i can't quite make out the date code.

Does anybody know more about his pen or what it would sell for in restored condition?

Thanks in advance!

DJxFO9S.jpgdEk1sSi.jpggwUd0aa.jpg

T2JWTje.jpg

Edited by Burtini, 25 March 2017 - 21:41.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Sponsored Content

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 22:48

Band looks normal for a Sr Deb lifetime pen. Not among the rare vacs.
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#3 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2017 - 00:28

I was cleaning some pens this morning so I took the opportunity for a family picture of some of my Vacs. The truly rare ones are on the upper right: a "Vac-band" Vac and a candystripe:

35715687131_bf942ef8b9_b.jpg

Not rare, but also not that easy to find, are the ones on the upper left going toward the middle: the Oversizes and the Senior Maximas, followed by some Slender Maximas (which are actually just a bit harder to find than the Senior Maximas, as they often get confused with Long Majors)... and there's one Senior (just Senior, from1936) there.

Vacs can be.... confusing, in an exhilarating way. Now that I'm semi-retired from collecting, it makes me happy to remember how I chased many of these down, from Edinburgh to Ireland to New Zealand, etc.

Check out my blog and my pens

#4 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 00:48

Burtini, that is a normal Debutante Vacumatic.  Not a rare pen by any means, but definitely a nice, high quality one.  I love Vacumatics of all shapes, sizes, and rarity.

The collector formerly known as
RobertNFrappuls

#5 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,080 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:09

Rare or not, it is a beautiful pen. Enjoy using it.
Khan M. Ilyas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, vacumatic, gold, nib, rare

Sponsored Content

|