Can Sailor Nib Fit With Pelikan Pen.

moriaty1234

I have a ideal, make sailor nib to pelikan m200 pen. I like how the sailor nib touch in paper, and the piston filler of pelikan m200 blue demonstrator. So can the sailor 14k ( small size nib on 1911s or sailor sapporo version) fit with the pelikan m200 feed? Anyone try it before?

thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mulrich

• Wolverine1

• Calabria

• carlos.q

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that Pelikan nib units can't be modified (i.e., you can't change then nib or feed). Assuming I remembered correctly, if you're looking for a Sailor nib feel with a Pelikan M200 pen your best bet might be sending the pen to a nibmeister. Mike Masuyama ( to work for Sailor so he's probably a good place to look.

I remember seeing at least one M200 (or M400?) around FPN using a 144 nib in a Pel collar, so I don't think that's the case. I don't know about Sailor nibs though.

Edited by NinthSphere

There is a thread (someplace on FPN) that deals with dozens of these nib substitutions. Regrettably it is not pinned.

I stand corrected. I couldn't find a thread with a detailed how-to but these threads explain the basic idea. Sending to Masuyama sounds easier to me but that would be a one-time solution.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/289799-replace-pelikan-nib-on-m200-nib-unit/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/310439-has-anyone-put-a-non-pelikan-nib-in-a-pelikan/

No, cant be done. Send your pen to Mike Masuyama, he can make the nib somewhat similar to a Sailor nib, though a substitution is just not possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Mike work on a M600 and M805 nib to make them write like Sailor F. He was quite successful, but in the end I don't use the pens that much because the nib feel now no longer corresponds to the Pelikan identity.

Like you, Sailor and Pelikan are my favorite pens. But creating a hybrid hasn't worked for me. I've decided to keep the joys of each separate.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files