The Small Miracle Of Erasable Blues

ParkerDuofold

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the midst of a big letter writing project, (i won't say what, because it involves religion and politics), but I'm writing the letters long-hand instead of rattling them of a computer printer to demonstrate my heart-felt sincerity and belief in the project. :)

Anyhoo, I want the letters to look half-way decent and legible, but who doesnt make mistakes? :angry: But if you have a Pelikan Super Pirat correction pen, mistakes needn't trouble you... IF you're using the right ink. :)

Here is a breakdown of my results:

The following inks disappear completely:

Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

Lamy Blue

Sheaffer Blue

Waterman Florida/Serenity Blue

Parker Quink Washable Blue

Parker Quink Permanent Blue

and I think Monteverde Blue, (original), but I can't find my bottle to re-test and confirm.

Forget dark blues, blacks, turquoises, etc. It only works on the "true blues."

I don't have any "true blues" from Diamine, Mont Blanc, etc., to test, so if you KNOW of any other inks that can be added to this list, please chime in. :)

- Anthony

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• ErrantSmudge

• Noihvo

• MrsHobie

As far as cartridges go; Maped, Inoxcrom, Wilson, Schneider, Faber Castell, Jolly, Montegrappa all make blues that vanish fine. Pretty much any washable blue or royal blue cartridge will be ok.

fpn_1490290194__img_0121.jpg

Edited by Noihvo

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

fpn_1490290194__img_0121.jpg

That surprised me, too; in fact, I tested it on a whim, not really expecting it to work... but it worked great. I think "Permanent" must refer to fabrics.

- Anthony

As far as cartridges go; Maped, Inoxcrom, Wilson, Schneider, Faber Castell, Jolly, Montegrappa all make blues that vanish fine. Pretty much any washable blue or royal blue cartridge will be ok.

Thanks for chiming in basterma... you mention some ink brands I've never even heard of before. :)

- Anthony

Monteverde Malibu Blue is washable/eraseable. See my review of Monteverde's ink eradicator pen:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/320248-review-monteverde-ink-eradicator-pen/

Hi ES,

It's ironic you mention Malibu Blue, because I tested that one, but I only got around 85% erasure; so I didn't include it on the list... maybe you need the Monteverde branded pen.

- Anthony

Hi ES,

It's ironic you mention Malibu Blue, because I tested that one, but I only got around 85% erasure; so I didn't include it on the list... maybe you need the Monteverde branded pen.

- Anthony

You can see the results of my test with the Monteverde-branded eraser - I included scans with the review. Probably about 85-90% erasure is what I got with the Monteverde eraser with Malibu Blue.

And the Monteverde eraser was actually more effective on Lamy Blue (very close to 100%), one of the inks from your list I have on hand.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Erasable blue ... It reminds me of my school years ...

I'm quite surprised to read that the Parker Quink permanent blue is erasable ... It was not 30 years ago :D

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

You can see the results of my test with the Monteverde-branded eraser - I included scans with the review. Probably about 85-90% erasure is what I got with the Monteverde eraser with Malibu Blue.

And the Monteverde eraser was actually more effective on Lamy Blue (very close to 100%), one of the inks from your list I have on hand.

Yes, I'll add that I think Malibu Blue is a blended color and not a pure "true blue." I think it has a trace of black or turquoise in it and that's why it doesn't erase 100%.

I found found the Lamy Blue the easiest one to erase. (Some required a couple of passes, Lamy was always gone in one). :)

- Anthony

Erasable blue ... It reminds me of my school years ...

I'm quite surprised to read that the Parker Quink permanent blue is erasable ... It was not 30 years ago :D

Hi Mrs. Hobie,

I know... it surprised me, too,... but what surprises me even more is that the color isn't available in the States, I have to get mine imported from Japan or England. :(

But I love the color... and it's erasible... so I go thru the hassle and expense. :)

- Anthony

PS: One of these days I'll read the post "How to Post Pics @ FPN" :lol:

Edited by ParkerDuofold

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the midst of a big letter writing project, (i won't say what, because it involves religion and politics), but I'm writing the letters long-hand instead of rattling them of a computer printer to demonstrate my heart-felt sincerity and belief in the project. :)

Anyhoo, I want the letters to look half-way decent and legible, but who doesnt make mistakes? :angry: But if you have a Pelikan Super Pirat correction pen, mistakes needn't trouble you... IF you're using the right ink. :)

Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

Lamy Blue

Sheaffer Blue

and I think Monteverde Blue, (original), but I can't find my bottle to re-test and confirm.

Forget dark blues, blacks, turquoises, etc. It only works on the "true blues."

I don't have any "true blues" from Diamine, Mont Blanc, etc., to test, so if you KNOW of any other inks that can be added to this list, please chime in. :)

- Anthony

Great idea ! Thank you ! Personally, however, I cannot admit, in advance, that I make mistakes.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Great idea ! Thank you ! Personally, however, I cannot admit, in advance, that I make mistakes.

You're quite welcome, Sasha Royale. I know what you mean, as I never make mistakes myself; however, I've assembled this list as a benevolent gesture for all of the poor souls who do. :)

- Anthony

Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

Lamy Blue

Sheaffer Blue

Most of those are washable blues, you can erase those using a damp cotton swab. Water makes those inks pretty much disintegrate. A cotton swab and water are a lot less expensive than an ink eradicator pen.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

As said, Pelikan has a ' Super Pirat' stick for erasing. It has a BP on the other side, in in German schools, they are real nit picking on how a paper looks.

I understand you can't get the stick in the US....but it can be ordered online from Germany.

I had such a stick, but think I gave it the school kid of my baker.

I have 4001 Royal blue in my medium-small Geha 760 semi-flex OB, a wet nib; so it's darker than normal. It does shade on good to better paper.

I think the stick works on Turquoise also. At least Lamy and Pelikan turquoise.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.