Visconti Brunelleschi Fountain Pens

conscom

I am new to fountain pens and this forum. I can across this pen and was wondering if it is worthwhile as a collector pen (meaning appreciate in value over time) since only 388 will be produced. We recently visited the Duomo in Florence so it does have significance to me. It is very expensive so I didn't want to jump into it! Any comments would be appreciated. THX

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Namo

• conscom

• Mulrich

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most pens, even limited editions don't hold their value over time. But that only matters if you plan to sell it. If you plan to keep and use the pen, diminishing value only has psychological effects. This pen could be an exception but those things are very hard to predict. 388 isn't a huge number but it's also not small.

If you decide the pen holds enough symbolic value for you and you won't be harmed financially by purchasing, go for it. A few years down the road if you decide to sell it you'll still get something back, even if not the full price.

Visconti pens almost always depreciate significantly. The retail is so high, yet they discount so much, it crushes resale. In thr best case you can hope for maybe 60 to 70% of retail and only for hot sellers.

This does not count for very old Visconti pens that sold for not too much and are very scarce like the urushi pens they did around the time they were founded.

If you like the pen and want to use it, get it. IF you think you will make money off it, find a better use for the cash.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Most pens, even limited editions don't hold their value over time. But that only matters if you plan to sell it. If you plan to keep and use the pen, diminishing value only has psychological effects. This pen could be an exception but those things are very hard to predict. 388 isn't a huge number but it's also not small.

If you decide the pen holds enough symbolic value for you and you won't be harmed financially by purchasing, go for it. A few years down the road if you decide to sell it you'll still get something back, even if not the full price.

thank you both for your honest comments which helps me understand the fountain pen community. The pens that I have bought so far are for personal enjoyment to be used daily. Exception is the 149 which writes too thick. I tend to favour the Japanese medium nibs. I try to share the enjoyment of writing feel with different fountain pens with my better half. A new world from ballpoint pens!

thank you both for your honest comments which helps me understand the fountain pen community. The pens that I have bought so far are for personal enjoyment to be used daily. Exception is the 149 which writes too thick. I tend to favour the Japanese medium nibs. I try to share the enjoyment of writing feel with different fountain pens with my better half. A new world from ballpoint pens!

You mentioned in a different thread that you would hope to pass the pen along to your son, in which case resale value doesn't matter (unless he sells it). If you decide to buy the pen I hope you enjoy it.

You mentioned in a different thread that you would hope to pass the pen along to your son, in which case resale value doesn't matter (unless he sells it). If you decide to buy the pen I hope you enjoy it.

Actually, he was the one responsible for renewing my interest in FP's. When I visited him last year in Montreal, he asked me to help him decide on nib size for the Sailor 1911 pen that he wanted yo buy from a pen shop. We chose medium. My wife was still in Tokyo, so bought the pen there at a significant savings. The rest is history. My favourite at the moment is my Sailor Kabazaiku pen complete with ink and converter (see attached) which I bought from a Japanese seller on eBay. As for the Visconti Brunelleschi pen, I think I'll wait - the lowest online price so far is $795. Still a little too rich for my wallet.

post-135627-0-73181900-1490243189_thumb.jpg

Keep in mind that Visconti nibs write very broad and wet. If you like a Japanese M, an Italian F or even XF might be the size to keep in mind.

Dis anyone Watching this video?

https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DFHPnsXEGTKM&ved=0ahUKEwj6pcOU8OzSAhVM4IMKHQTZC6kQo7QBCBowAA&usg=AFQjCNE7fATpZHEv8OkE4ArN5kVmbRB8AA&sig2=DIkrjq-CL_bv0_pqDU0JrQ

Interesting too see the size if the ink tank of the Power filler ...

The pen looks awesome!

Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

I tried that link and got:

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later. Why did this happen?

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may see this page if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later. Why did this happen?

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may see this page if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.

I just got the same message.

No. Click on it and you'll see playback on others sites is disabled by the owner. Looks like we're too much traffic to handle.

I just stopped clicking after the admonishment to merely watch it on You Tube & "went there, typed in FPN pen review," & watched with glee! A friend ordered it & I am very happy to know the backstory of this beautiful pen. Another friend had mentioned it earlier, before it was announced by retailers for sale & I was surprised to read about it on a site I didn't even know existed! ( I do not follow Facebook, so I was quite in the dark about the FPN Facebook or their development of this pen.)

It was well worth the effort to "switch channels" to watch this review; thank you for mentioning it.

Well, the message says: Go to youtube to see this video (and this is a link to youtube). And then: reading this video on another site has been disabled by the owner.

So guess it cannot be sen here and that you have to go on you tube.

The owner name is Andrea Duni. What is strange is that he is sayong the pen was commissioned by the Facebook group FPN… ??

Ok, sorry. this is what Ghostplane said. Well, Youtube only then.

Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Keep in mind that Visconti nibs write very broad and wet. If you like a Japanese M, an Italian F or even XF might be the size to keep in mind.

Thanks for the advice. So far, all my pens are Japanese except for my old Parker collection with plunger refill. I believe they are fine nibs.

Found video when I was researching the Brunellischi pen. Great video and sales pitch. Lowest retail price I found was $795. So will wait. Meantime, I'm waiting for my Zenzoi bamboo pen to arrive.

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later. [/size]Why did this happen?

Same here