**pilot Metros For $5.00?!**

Maurizio

Hey FPN's in Rockland County NY. I just paid a visit to our local Staples in Nanuet NY to buy some brochure racks for my wife's yoga studio.

Saw Pilot Metropolitans on clearance sale for a mere $5.00 in these nifty packages. I'm guessing these are the leftovers from some merchandise packaged for Christmas sales. I grabbed 2. They still had about 15 - 20 left in various colors.

Maybe a Staples near you is having a similar sale?

Edited by Maurizio

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maurizio

• Nightly

• bigkahuna

• TSherbs

Wow! That's a smokin' deal. Too bad I'm almost 2800 miles away from Nanuet.

Edited to add: no Staples near me either... bummer

Edited by Big_Kahuna

Maybe so, but not on the internets. :(

I got my latest Metropolitan in that houndstooth pattern--reminds me of the old Atari Space Invaders. :D

esc

I may not have been much help, but I DID bump your thread up to the top.

Wow! That's a smokin' deal. Too bad I'm almost 2800 miles away from Nanuet.

Edited to add: no Staples near me either... bummer

Sorry Big Kahuna. Wasn't trying to make anyone feel badly, just wanted to publicize the cool deal.

I'm guessing too, that while I'm still looking at some miserable white stuff from our Tuesday N'oreaster, maybe you're looking at some sand and surf which all of us here in the Northeast would probably trade a few Pilot Metros for?

Sorry Big Kahuna. Wasn't trying to make anyone feel badly, just wanted to publicize the cool deal.

I'm guessing too, that while I'm still looking at some miserable white stuff from our Tuesday N'oreaster, maybe you're looking at some sand and surf which all of us here in the Northeast would probably trade a few Pilot Metros for?

No harm, glad you got in on that Metropolitan sale! I'll try to find a Staples on my next trip to LA and see if I can find a bargain. If not, there's always another sale coming down the pike. :thumbup:

I see plenty of sand, but there's no surf out here near Death Valley. On a positive note, we had the Blue Angels Air Show this weekend! :bunny01:

When it's 117 Fahrenheit this summer you'll be glad you're not here! :lticaptd: :gaah:

Maybe so, but not on the internets. :(

I got my latest Metropolitan in that houndstooth pattern--reminds me of the old Atari Space Invaders. :D

esc

My son has that Houndstooth pattern Metro... and I completely agree that it is reminiscent of Atari Space Invaders!

Thanks for the heads up! I may take a trip to my nearest Staples on Tuesday.

I find it interesting that these are Pilot MRs (which—as far as I know—take standard international cartridges) instead of "stock" Metros. I thought I read somewhere that the MRs are (used to be?) unique to the European market.

Hope you find one (or 2)

Online at $17.99 and $18.29 right this moment... 11PM Sunday.

Right. That's why I had to do a double-take when I saw the price in the Staples store and had to restrain myself from buying 10 or the rest of them.

Cupertino, California store had a nice selection of Metropolitans, but all at retail price. The clerk told me they carry them throughout the year, not just seasonally. Sadly, therefore, no seasonal closeout pricing.

So jealous. I wish my local Staples had these. Would have bought them and given them as gifts to the doctors I used to work with.

The packaging is different from the current stock I saw so if you do get a chance...buy some more! :lol:

Every word written is a victory against death. -Michel Butor

(back after being away for a while)

Didn't they just announce a bunch of store closings (again) ? Probably unloading inventory.

Sweet deal though.

They're definitely shedding inventory. I am going to go back there next weekend and see if they still have any left. I don't think this store is closing but I could be surprised. The store is in a fairly extensive shopping area. An Office Depot store about half a mile a way recently closed so at the moment this is the only office supply store in the area.

Yes the package is different than other Metros I have bought before. My guess is that this was special packaging for Christmas sales. It's to my eyes more attractive than the plain black plastic box my first 2 Metros were packaged in, though it's also flimsier packaging. They also had more colors: pink, orange, purple, light brown, yellow; clearly designed and packaged to attract attention.

...I am going to go back there next weekend and see if they still have any left....

I would go back and buy all 15 to 20 of them.

Nanuet, huh?

(I was *born* in Nanuet Hospital -- lived in Pearl River until I was around 8).

Wonder if it's just that Staples. Sadly, I don't really have time to go shopping tomorrow, and I have plans for Saturday).

Of course, when I bought my Metropolitan, it was in a B&M store, and I could test the pens, and didn't like the F nib -- I thought it was scratchy (bought one with an M nib instead).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I find it interesting that these are Pilot MRs (whichas far as I knowtake standard international cartridges).....

Is this true?