Stipula Verde Muschiatto (Musk Green)

visvamitra

Yes, you may dare say it looks like a cigar. The clip and cap band are unique and are vermeil. My vintage 14K flex nibs (Waterman, Moore, and Wahl) flex more easily but there is flex. But the ink color works well with the pen if you like to have the two elements go together.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• linearM

• visvamitra

• Inkantadora

• VivaTerlingua

I think the seal is called an inner cap or an inner lid; I usually just yell at them & hope they'll magically disappear. A while back, I tossed one in the trash without rinsing it & one of my beagles got it out - ink was everywhere. :angry:

Thanks for the awesome review!

Yes, you may dare say it looks like a cigar.

Not "a" cigar. THE Pen & Message Cigar.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Looks quite a bit like Robert Oster Melon Tea, a personal favorite. I may have to order a sample of this.

I also searched for the Stipula Case Mila. It looks like a nice pen, but it doesn't seem to come with the option of a gold nib. :(

I have seen the Casa Mila offered with gold and with titanium nibs. One with a 14Kt M nib is being offered on ebay at the moment. See http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stipula-Etruria-Casa-Mila-Limited-Ed-Piston-Fountain-Pen-RARE-14K-Gold-Nib-M-/322465477434?hash=item4b1470b33a:g:EBAAAOSwax5YuyRx

Good luck, and Happy writing!

David

I have seen the Casa Mila offered with gold and with titanium nibs. One with a 14Kt M nib is being offered on ebay at the moment. See http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stipula-Etruria-Casa-Mila-Limited-Ed-Piston-Fountain-Pen-RARE-14K-Gold-Nib-M-/322465477434?hash=item4b1470b33a:g:EBAAAOSwax5YuyRx

Good luck, and Happy writing!

David

I had forgotten the nib difference between the Limited Edition & the larger edition of the pen; I had only remembered the piston filler compared to the cartridge converter.

I have the titanium nib & have enjoyed it; mine was a Chatterley Luxuries close out purchase & not very expensive. I think it is a finish you either appreciate or perhaps NOT, I don't think it is one that has mass appeal. I wouldn't wanted to have paid the difference in price for a gold nib & piston filling system. I like mine filled with Kwizi's Aztec Gold & reserve my Stipula Verde Muschiato for an Omas Burkina, which may have never known any other ink. If I initially filled it with anything else it would have only been once & I don't ever intend to use anything other than the Stipula ink in the pen. For me they are a perfect match. An Omas Saft Green pen can "play" with the other murky Green/Browns!

I had forgotten the nib difference between the Limited Edition & the larger edition of the pen; I had only remembered the piston filler compared to the cartridge converter.

I have the titanium nib & have enjoyed it; mine was a Chatterley Luxuries close out purchase & not very expensive. I think it is a finish you either appreciate or perhaps NOT, I don't think it is one that has mass appeal. I wouldn't wanted to have paid the difference in price for a gold nib & piston filling system. I like mine filled with Kwizi's Aztec Gold & reserve my Stipula Verde Muschiato for an Omas Burkina, which may have never known any other ink. If I initially filled it with anything else it would have only been once & I don't ever intend to use anything other than the Stipula ink in the pen. For me they are a perfect match. An Omas Saft Green pen can "play" with the other murky Green/Browns!

My Casa Mila is the LE. It came with a 18Kt F nib. I had this ground to CI, and I can use it for my regular, semi-legible doctor's cursive scrawl or for a very crisp, fine italic script.

I like the material a lot, and I have been mystified by how little respect is gets on the auction sites.

I also have one of Bryant's Stipula LE's (The "Gold Rush") in a Tibaldi celluloid but with the Casa Mila hardware. That one is a stunner!

David

My sample of this came in and wow! Will definitely be buying a bottle. This is everything I wanted Rikyu-cha to be.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the review. I have a bottle of this ink and I love it. It is a very interesting color and the ink is so well behaved.

The only European online seller that I know of to have this ink is Pen Emporium with 10 shipping cost for Europe. They even have iron gall inks from Stipula but I haven't tried them. Here is a link:

http://www.penemporium.com/index.php?id_category=226&controller=category&id_lang=2

I ordered it from Stilografica.it with the same shipping cost to France, but they ordered it specially for me. They normally only stock the IG Stipula inks.

I've really enjoyed using Verde Muschiato, but changed my mind: I like it even more when it goes darker.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I've been using this almost daily for the last couple months, once I managed to track it down. (Pen Emporium wanted a very reasonable EU 15 but $45 shipping to US - yowza!)

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Have you tried goldpen.it?

Thanks for the link. While I'm not likely to order from them (I don't live in EU), I did spend awhile ooh-ing and aah-ing over their great selection. :thumbup:

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Thanks for the link. While I'm not likely to order from them (I don't live in EU), I did spend awhile ooh-ing and aah-ing over their great selection. :thumbup:

I fidn their website hard to navigate and tipically Italian - in that early geocities vibe of terrible Web design, and I'm saying this as an Italian myself.

But they do have some neat stuff.

I fidn their website hard to navigate and tipically Italian - in that early geocities vibe of terrible Web design, and I'm saying this as an Italian myself.

But they do have some neat stuff.

True enough ! ;)

I tried to order a bottle from goldpen.it but there are 21€ of shipping fees to France so I'll pass ...

Edited by DrScholl