The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Stipula Verde Muschiatto (Musk Green)

stipula

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 linearM

linearM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:57

Yes, you may dare say it looks like a cigar.  The clip and cap band are unique and are vermeil.  My vintage 14K flex nibs (Waterman, Moore, and Wahl) flex more easily but there is flex.  But the ink color works well with the pen if you like to have the two elements go together.

Sponsored Content

#22 julia239

julia239

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2017 - 14:07

I think the seal is called an inner cap or an inner lid; I usually just yell at them & hope they'll magically disappear.  A while back, I tossed one in the trash without rinsing it & one of my beagles got it out - ink was everywhere.  :angry:

Thanks for the awesome review!

#23 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2017 - 00:07

Yes, you may dare say it looks like a cigar.

Not "a" cigar. THE Pen & Message Cigar.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#24 VivaTerlingua

VivaTerlingua

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:34

Looks quite a bit like Robert Oster Melon Tea, a personal favorite. I may have to order a sample of this.

#25 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:48

I also searched for the Stipula Case Mila. It looks like a nice pen, but it doesn't seem to come with the option of a gold nib.  :(

I have seen the Casa Mila offered with gold and with titanium nibs. One with a 14Kt M nib is being offered on ebay at the moment. See http://www.ebay.com/...BAAAOSwax5YuyRx

Good luck, and Happy writing!

David

#26 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2017 - 22:58

I have seen the Casa Mila offered with gold and with titanium nibs. One with a 14Kt M nib is being offered on ebay at the moment. See http://www.ebay.com/...BAAAOSwax5YuyRx

Good luck, and Happy writing!

David

I had forgotten the nib difference between the Limited Edition & the larger edition of the pen; I had only remembered the piston filler compared to the cartridge converter.

I have the titanium nib & have enjoyed it; mine was a Chatterley Luxuries close out purchase & not very expensive.  I think it is a finish you either appreciate or perhaps NOT, I don't think it is one that has mass appeal.  I wouldn't wanted to have paid the difference in price for a gold nib & piston filling system.  I like mine filled with Kwizi's Aztec Gold & reserve my Stipula Verde Muschiato for an Omas Burkina, which may have never known any other ink.  If I initially filled it with anything else it would have only been once & I don't ever intend to use anything other than the Stipula ink in the pen.  For me they are a perfect match.  An Omas Saft Green pen can "play" with the other murky Green/Browns!

#27 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2017 - 00:51

I had forgotten the nib difference between the Limited Edition & the larger edition of the pen; I had only remembered the piston filler compared to the cartridge converter.

I have the titanium nib & have enjoyed it; mine was a Chatterley Luxuries close out purchase & not very expensive.  I think it is a finish you either appreciate or perhaps NOT, I don't think it is one that has mass appeal.  I wouldn't wanted to have paid the difference in price for a gold nib & piston filling system.  I like mine filled with Kwizi's Aztec Gold & reserve my Stipula Verde Muschiato for an Omas Burkina, which may have never known any other ink.  If I initially filled it with anything else it would have only been once & I don't ever intend to use anything other than the Stipula ink in the pen.  For me they are a perfect match.  An Omas Saft Green pen can "play" with the other murky Green/Browns!

My Casa Mila is the LE. It came with a 18Kt F nib. I had this ground to CI, and I can use it for my regular, semi-legible doctor's cursive scrawl or for a very crisp, fine italic script.

I like the material a lot, and I have been mystified by how little respect is gets on the auction sites. 

I also have one of Bryant's Stipula LE's (The "Gold Rush") in a Tibaldi celluloid but with the Casa Mila hardware. That one is a stunner!

David

#28 VivaTerlingua

VivaTerlingua

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:17

My sample of this came in and wow! Will definitely be buying a bottle. This is everything I wanted Rikyu-cha to be.

#29 Dupontdelamare

Dupontdelamare

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 21:41

Thanks for the review. I have a bottle of this ink and I love it. It is a very interesting color and the ink is so well behaved. 

The only European online seller that I know of to have this ink is Pen Emporium with 10 shipping cost for Europe. They even have iron gall inks from Stipula but I haven't tried them. Here is a link:

http://www.penempori...egory&id_lang=2

I ordered it from Stilografica.it with the same shipping cost to France, but they ordered it specially for me. They normally only stock the IG Stipula inks.

#30 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,785 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:29

I've really enjoyed using Verde Muschiato, but changed my mind: I like it even more when it goes darker.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#31 Jazini

Jazini

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 15:43

I bought a bottle on the back of this review. It is a beautiful ink and I really like it. Thank you.

#32 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:31

I've been using this almost daily for the last couple months, once I managed to track it down. (Pen Emporium wanted a very reasonable EU 15 but $45 shipping to US - yowza!)

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#33 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Inkfluencer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:39

I'm tempted to get a bottle but Pen Emporium asks for a whopping 24,40 euros for shipping within EU! I don't know where the others get 15 or 10 euros shipping. I got 24,40 euros for shipping to France.

Edited by Lgsoltek, 08 March 2019 - 11:39.

#34 Taverius

Taverius

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:53

Have you tried goldpen.it?

#35 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:01

Have you tried goldpen.it?

Thanks for the link. While I'm not likely to order from them (I don't live in EU), I did spend awhile ooh-ing and aah-ing over their great selection. :thumbup:

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#36 gary

gary

Kalamazoo direct to you

• Member - Gold

• 2,190 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:25

Pen Chalet

#37 Taverius

Taverius

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2019 - 13:15

Thanks for the link. While I'm not likely to order from them (I don't live in EU), I did spend awhile ooh-ing and aah-ing over their great selection. :thumbup:

I fidn their website hard to navigate and tipically Italian - in that early geocities vibe of terrible Web design, and I'm saying this as an Italian myself.

But they do have some neat stuff.

#38 ubezahn

ubezahn

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2019 - 22:38

I bought a bottle in the last Penshow in Madrid and I love this ink. Wonderful colour!.

#39 DrScholl

DrScholl

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 15:04

I fidn their website hard to navigate and tipically Italian - in that early geocities vibe of terrible Web design, and I'm saying this as an Italian myself.

But they do have some neat stuff.

True enough ! ;)

I tried to order a bottle from goldpen.it but there are 21€ of shipping fees to France so I'll pass ...

Edited by DrScholl, 11 March 2019 - 15:05.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stipula

Sponsored Content

|