The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Verde Muschiatto (Musk Green)

stipula

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 17:59

Stipula Pen Company originates from Florentine, Italy and was established in 1973. Stipula is a historic term used by the ancient Romans to indicate faithfulness to an obligation. Stipula’s has accepted the obligation to its customers to produce quality pens utilizing ancient themes, designs, techniques and traditions. It sounds nice but from my limited experience with their pens it seems they doesn't really deliver what they promise.

Happily Stipula pens come with a limited lifetime warranty so the buyers are covered in case the pen fails.

Additionally there are rumors that Stipula has some problems and may cease operations. I'm not sure if it's the case but it seems their products availablility on the market (especially european) is limited and only few retailers carry their pens and inks. If anyone has some news / insights about Stipula situation I would appreciate the insights so that this review provides sound informations.

Stipula offers a line of fourteen inks sold in nice glass 2.4 oz bottles. Interesting feature of the bottles is the fact they have light polyethylene seal pushed in the neck of the bottle, visible when you unscrew the cap. The seal (is it correcy english term?)  is rather hard to remove without splashing some of ink onto desk, wall, closest entourage. 

fpn_1483349484__terradfisiena_b_1.jpg

The colors are:

1. Azzurro (Light Blue)
  2. Blu della Robbia (Blue)
  3. Borgogna (Red)
  4. Grigio Fumo (Fading Grey)
  5. Grigio Lava (Dark Grey)
  6. Nero (Black)
  7. Nottorno Giannutri (Dark Blue)
  8. Rose (Sweet pink)
  9. Rosso Fiorentino (Florentine Red)
  10. Terra di Siena (Brown)
  11. Verde Muschiato (Musk Green)
  12. Verde Risorgimento (Bright Green)
  13. Violet (Violet)
  14. Zafferano (Saffron)

A sample of Musk Green was sent to me by Mmg112 - thank you a lot! It's stunning ink.

The color is precisely as I like it - not for everyone I guess but for me it looks great. t's kind of a a green-brown with a touch of yellow. It has a perfect flow and there's no feathering or spreading on papers I used with it. 

fpn_1489699381__muskgreen_is.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1489699394__muskgreen_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1489699435__verdemuschiatto_l_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1489699476__verdemuschiatto_l_4.jpg

Rhodia, Przemysław Marciński Custom Pen, stub 1.1

fpn_1489699548__verdemuschiatto_rhodia_1

fpn_1489699563__verdemuschiatto_rhodia_2

fpn_1489699578__verdemuschiatto_rhodia_3

Leuchtturm 1917, Perun, Przemysław Marciński Custom Pen, stub 1.1

fpn_1489699367__verdemuschiatto_l_1.jpg

fpn_1489699419__verdemuschiatto_l_2.jpg

fpn_1489699494__verdemuschiatto_l_5.jpg

Clairefontaine Triomphe, Przemysław Marciński Custom Pen, stub 1.1

fpn_1489699512__verdemuschiatto_linen_1.

fpn_1489699530__verdemuschiatto_linen_2.

Sponsored Content

#2 linearM

linearM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 18:08

I have a bottle of Verde Muschiato and find the color beautiful when using a cream paper.  It gives sort of an antique feel to the writing.  It has proven to be a very well behaved ink.  One pen I use it with is a Stipula Casa Mila and I must say the color certainly complements the color of the pen.

I hope Stipula continues to make both pens and ink.  Out of curiosity I checked and found that most of the Stipula colors were out of stock on the Goblet Pens website but available on the Anderson Pens website.

Edited by linearM, 19 March 2017 - 18:15.

#3 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 18:09

I googled the pen and it does have nice color :)

#4 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 18:17

Looks like a good one, worth checking out. 

(Zafferano, on the contrary, is horribly dry...)

#5 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 19:31

Great review, this was my first "wild" ink, I find it very original. It always flows well. In pens that evaporate easily like the Lamy Vista it's in, it can come out darker and more boring, nothing a quick top up can't fix.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#6 dannyboy

dannyboy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,132 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 19:43

I've used this ink off and on over the last 4-5 years and it's always been reliable. I especially love this color. And I agree that it looks great on cream colored paper, especially Tomoe River Paper. Great review--thanks!

#7 namrehsnoom

namrehsnoom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 20:18

Nice colour! A pitty none of my regular shops sell this line.

#8 Nikaa

Nikaa

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 20:51

Another great color from Stipula. Like it!

#9 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 20:54

Me too but I would really enjoy to have a possibility to get it from european retailer like La Courone du Comte without the need to pay 20 euros for shipment.

#10 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 23:08

Nice colour! A pitty none of my regular shops sell this line.

It's available on ebay at not a bad price. If you search and select 'lowest price', a seller comes up from the US and he is selling it with reasonable P&P.

#11 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 23:10

I have a bottle of Verde Muschiato and find the color beautiful when using a cream paper.  It gives sort of an antique feel to the writing.  It has proven to be a very well behaved ink.  One pen I use it with is a Stipula Casa Mila and I must say the color certainly complements the color of the pen.

I hope Stipula continues to make both pens and ink.  Out of curiosity I checked and found that most of the Stipula colors were out of stock on the Goblet Pens website but available on the Anderson Pens website.

I also searched for the Stipula Case Mila. It looks like a nice pen, but it doesn't seem to come with the option of a gold nib.  :(

#12 Kaveh

Kaveh

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 23:46

Thanks for the review. I have a bottle of this ink and I love it. It is a very interesting color and the ink is so well behaved. 

The only European online seller that I know of to have this ink is Pen Emporium with 10€ shipping cost for Europe. They even have iron gall inks from Stipula but I haven't tried them. Here is a link:

http://www.penempori...egory&id_lang=2

#13 Inkantadora

Inkantadora

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 23:47

Thank you for the review! The color looks beautiful!
In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora . I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.

#14 Inkantadora

Inkantadora

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 23:50

Thanks for the review. I have a bottle of this ink and I love it. It is a very interesting color and the ink is so well behaved. 

The only European online seller that I know of to have this ink is Pen Emporium with 10€ shipping cost for Europe. They even have iron gall inks from Stipula but I haven't tried them. Here is a link:

http://www.penempori...egory&id_lang=2

Thank you for saving me the hassle of looking throughout all website sites. Isn't Pen Emporium Stipula's webshop?
In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora . I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.

#15 Kaveh

Kaveh

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:01

Thank you for saving me the hassle of looking throughout all website sites. Isn't Pen Emporium Stipula's webshop?

I am glad that I could help. I think so, at least they have linked from their website to Pen Emporium.

#16 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,613 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:01

This is one green that's been on my list for a while, but I've never gotten around to obtaining. I hope Stipula sticks around, but I may have to get that bottle sooner rather than later.

#17 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:18

Excellent review! But truthfully, this isn't a color that I would appreciate.

Edited by DrPenfection, 20 March 2017 - 01:20.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#18 linearM

linearM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:33

The Stipula Casa Mila comes with a titanium nib and is somewhat flexible.  The color is a great match for the pen.

#19 Inkantadora

Inkantadora

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 15:51

The Stipula Casa Mila comes with a titanium nib and is somewhat flexible.  The color is a great match for the pen.

I have the Stipula T-Model jotted in my list of pens with a "?". How is your experience with their flexible titanium nib?

#20 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• Member - Gold

• 4,289 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 16:04

Dare I say that it looks somewhat like Cigar?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stipula

Sponsored Content

|